Air Miles for Charity

RayVoy

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Some of you know that I am a Shriner (Luxor Temple). We operate 22 hospitals for children in North America. We operate these hospitals at no charge to the parents. A few years ago, United Airlines launched the 10 million miles giveaway program (an online voting contest). Last year the winner's share was 3 million miles, with the remaining miles going to the charities in 2nd through whatever place, I assume, this year's winner will receive the same 3 million charity miles.

The Shriners use the air miles to reduce our cost of transporting the children, to the hospitals, to receive the required specialized care.

The Shriners Hospital is only one of the charities entered into the United Airlines contest, I would appreciate a vote for the Shriners, but if you see an other charity that you wish to vote for, please do.

The contest is over on Dec 25th. Voting is at 10 Million Charity Miles Giveaway you may vote once a day per device.

Thank you for your support,

Noble Ray

JCJARHEAD

Dec 7, 2011
Just put one up for you and the Shriners Ray! Awesome charity. I also saw Wounded Warriors on there, so please dont be offended if I offer them a few too. The site says I can vote everyday...SO I WILL.

Thank you and all the Shriners for all that you do!:yes:

RayVoy

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
JCJARHEAD said:
I also saw Wounded Warriors on there, so please dont be offended if I offer them a few too.
Never offended when someone looks after a good cause, thank you for your votes.

The Shrine Hospitals have won, thank you all: 10 Million Charity Miles Giveaway

JCJARHEAD

Dec 7, 2011
I just looked at your link...WW Project....was number 3.....I feel like a winner today! Something I actually voted for....happened! If only it worked that well for me last November?:lipsrsealed:

All great causes....I hope they pay Win, Show, Place? And thanks for following up so we could see how it ended.:yes:

RayVoy

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
JCJARHEAD said:
All great causes....I hope they pay Win, Show, Place?
Yeah, they do, something like 1/3 to the winner, 2nd and 3rd get a bit less and all others get 25,000 miles. All good charities, thanks.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online