Ac relay went bad!

808trailblazer

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
My 07 Trailblazer ac relay went bad yesterday. I was driving with the ac off and the windows down. It started to rain so I roll up the windows and turn on the ac, nothing but warm air coming out of the vents! So I pull in the parking lot and pop the hood and start to check the fuse for the ac its fine not blown. Then I find the ac relay I pull it out and swap it out with the same number one right next to it and BAMN IT WORKS! So my question is why and if anybody else had this problem before?

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
808trailblazer said:
My 07 Trailblazer ac relay went bad yesterday. I was driving with the ac off and the windows down. It started to rain so I roll up the windows and turn on the ac, nothing but warm air coming out of the vents! So I pull in the parking lot and pop the hood and start to check the fuse for the ac its fine not blown. Then I find the ac relay I pull it out and swap it out with the same number one right next to it and BAMN IT WORKS! So my question is why and if anybody else had this problem before?

Relays wear out/go bad.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
"Stuff" happens. Statistically relays hardly ever fail, but there are a dozen possible mechanisms. Send it to me with $158 and my failure analysis lab can take a look.

The message from this engineer is that it's not always economically reasonable to dig all the way to the ultimate root cause, even though it IS out there.

808trailblazer

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
the roadie said:
"Stuff" happens. Statistically relays hardly ever fail, but there are a dozen possible mechanisms. Send it to me with $158 and my failure analysis lab can take a look.

The message from this engineer is that it's not always economically reasonable to dig all the way to the ultimate root cause, even though it IS out there.
Ok. Where do I send it to? LOL! Thanks Roadie!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph5432

Members Online