Absolute MIR-77PKG Install

MrDJ

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
Hey all, I will get some pictures later but I wanted to share some information about the Absolute MIR-77PKG (Absolute MIR-77PKG (mir77pkg) Rear View Mirror with Built in 7"). I think $150 for a rearview mirror screen with 2 video inputs, a back-up camera, and a set of back-up sensors is a pretty good deal!

First off, the installation "manual" is very vague. It is one page... Basically all it says is to wire all three components up to 12V, run the composite cables between the screen and sensor console, and between that console and the camera, and to run a wire from the back-up light circuit to the mirror for auto turn-on. Pretty basic information.

My problems with the instructions: The camera and sensors stay on permanently, thus draining the battery slowly (there is not an auto-on or -off for these). Also, while the sensors are on, if anybody parks behind me in a parking lot or if somebody walks behind me, or anything like that, the buzzer in the truck constantly goes off, and it is very annoying.

Solution: The sensors, like the mirror auto-on, are wired straight to the driver side back-up light. The back-up camera is wired to a relay that turns on when the truck is on accessory.

My next plan is to wire a SPDT switch to a composite cable so I can switch between the camera on my truck and one that I plan to wire to a camera inside of a horse trailer. That way when i am driving, I can watch him to make sure he is okay. I also plan to put in a blu-ray player wired to the other video input for tailgating and camping.

Please let me know what you think and I will post pictures as soon as I can get them. :thumbsup:

Answer069

Dec 4, 2011
Sounds pretty cool. you might also look into wiring the system into a 12v switched power supply so it's all only on when the ignition is in the Acc. or Run positions.

MrDJ

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
Right now the camera comes on when the truck is in accessory, and the sensors only come on when the back-up lights are on. Is that what you are talking about?

Answer069

Dec 4, 2011
yeah did that fix the battery drain?

MrDJ

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
Answer069 said:
yeah did that fix the battery drain?

I never actually noticed a battery drain. It was never wired up like that in my truck. I was worried that was going to happen because of how it was supposed to be wired. I just worked around that while I was installing it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online