About 8.6 rear differential cover with drain bolt.

far eastan

Original poster
Mar 9, 2023
japan
hello everyone.
Since the last time I changed the oil of the rear differential, I was looking for a differential cover with drain bolts.

Please tell me the differential cover of aluminum with drain bolt for 8.6.

Please let me know if you have any past comments used by anyone.
When I searched for GMTN with 8.6 differential cover, I got a result that did not include 8.6.
Of course, I read quite a thread for the information of the differential cover that came out after searching.
thank you.

far eastan

Original poster
Mar 9, 2023
japan
The following is the information I understood.

There were many sites that say that if there is no interference with Panhard Rod or suspension link etc... , it will be all suitable for GM 8.6 differentials.
However, in a review of various EC sites, I saw a comment that I bought but couldn't use it.
Also, the differential gasket was the same for 8.0 (8.2?), 8.6.
The bolt pattern was the same.

When I was investigating Yukongear products,
Wide Center to Center Between The Side Bolt Holes
GM 8.6 9.75 in
Trailblazer, ENVOY, Rainier, or Bravada that Come with a 10.25 "Wide Cover.
It was written.
In other words, it seems to be impossible.
There may be a possibility that an aluminum processing company can fill the bolt hole and re -process it.
8.6 can be used for 8.2, but 8.2 cannot be used for 8.6, but this may be the case of GM genuine cover.
It may be possible to use the aftermarket cover for 8.2, which has plenty of depth.
This product is currently being investigated.
PML
GM 8.0 10 Bolt Torsen
Part Number 11035

If this thickness is, can it be used for 8.6?
Or, if there is a company that has an unprocessed cover of the "bolt hole", it may be possible to process 8.2 patterns at the time of my purchase.
Probably because it is a sample, hope is as low as possible, but I imagined a little after looking at the photos.
There is a photo used for the trail blazer here, but it is unknown whether it is 8.6.
For example, Colorado can be used, but is there a car with 8.6?
I'm investigating SSR now, but AT seems to be 10Bolt.
The diameter of the gear is not yet known.
I plan to check it little by little when I'm free.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bbcman601

Members Online