A question about cargo nets

Shdwdrgn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I have a SWB model, and I noticed in the cargo area, on either side just behind the seat, there is a recessed D-shaped area with a black screw in the middle. I am wondering if there was a factory option for a cargo net tie-off that mounted in these areas? Or possibly if there is a tie-down point on the side of the rear seat that I didn't see? The net I picked up has loops on the four corners, and I'd just like to be able to hold groceries or computers in place against the back of the seat while driving.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Shdwdrgn said:
I have a SWB model, and I noticed in the cargo area, on either side just behind the seat, there is a recessed D-shaped area with a black screw in the middle. I am wondering if there was a factory option for a cargo net tie-off that mounted in these areas? Or possibly if there is a tie-down point on the side of the rear seat that I didn't see? The net I picked up has loops on the four corners, and I'd just like to be able to hold groceries or computers in place against the back of the seat while driving.

Those 3 rings behind the seat are for baby seat tether straps and no upper net hooks near the seat. If you have hooks or something you could attach the net to those and the rear D rings, they'll hold something to the floor for sure. I've seen nets with a draw strap to tighten down the load, maybe in a Montana. Here's a pic I have of my net secured at 4 corners, it stops stuff from falling out and it's doubled so you can put stuff in the net from the top opening.

Attachments

• DSC02387.jpg
    DSC02387.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 8

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
I think the recessed D shaped areas your looking at are for the spring loaded ends of the cargo shade. You can see these in DnD's pic.

Shdwdrgn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ah ok... I don't have a shade either, but I have a similar style net. I'm thinking maybe I can find a D-ring or something on a pivot that I can screw down inside that recessed area to hook my net over. It shouldn't be too hard to attach the net to the floor rings. My net came with some stick-on nubs to put where I wanted, but I can't imagine them actually holding any real weight.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli