A/M Navi to replace Bose OEM... Have anyone done this?

Megabot

Original poster
Apr 21, 2013
Sorry if this is old and being brought up from the grave.

I have been contemplating if I'd just buy a wide screen portable GPS or go for an Aftermarket HU... i.e: Pioneer Avic X940-BT or what not.
Had this been done by anyone here? If so, my bad for not being diligent enough to search:sadcry: I have been wasting time on the other forum, but what I ONLY remembered -:lipsrsealed: SERIOUSLY:lipsrsealed: - is Fu*king "LUX or NON-LUX sh!t" them guys are saying:hissyfit:. And I know it may sound/appear like "spoon-feeding", but if you want to share what you know just share the thing! If not, just shut up and shove your known sh!t in your bunghole.

Anyhoo, just blew off my steam... I am sorry:sadcry:

If I were to replace my 02 XL SLT Voy with Bose RDS, steering controls, rear pass audio console, (I dunno what amp I have on her yet, but I will check after I send this) with an aftermarket HU with nav and the nine yards... what suggestion(s), opinion(s) and violent reaction(s) do you guys have for me?

Yours truly!:lipsrsealed:

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Megabot said:
Sorry if this is old and being brought up from the grave.

I have been contemplating if I'd just buy a wide screen portable GPS or go for an Aftermarket HU... i.e: Pioneer Avic X940-BT or what not.
Had this been done by anyone here? If so, my bad for not being diligent enough to search:sadcry: I have been wasting time on the other forum, but what I ONLY remembered -:lipsrsealed: SERIOUSLY:lipsrsealed: - is Fu*king "LUX or NON-LUX sh!t" them guys are saying:hissyfit:. And I know it may sound/appear like "spoon-feeding", but if you want to share what you know just share the thing! If not, just shut up and shove your known sh!t in your bunghole.

Anyhoo, just blew off my steam... I am sorry:sadcry:

If I were to replace my 02 XL SLT Voy with Bose RDS, steering controls, rear pass audio console, (I dunno what amp I have on her yet, but I will check after I send this) with an aftermarket HU with nav and the nine yards... what suggestion(s), opinion(s) and violent reaction(s) do you guys have for me?

Yours truly!:lipsrsealed:

If you want true flexibility from your setup, i STRONGLY recommend a tablet install. If you have everything you need, it shouldnt take more than a few hours to get going. I personally used an aftermarket head unit mounted remotely in the glove box along with a PAC OS2 bose wiring harness to keep my bose and onstar. This controls the audio. I use an audio out from my tablet to play the music. In your case, you could get an adapter to use your steering controls with the stereo, but they won't control the tablet without some serious tweaking (though it is totally possible). Myself and another user on here (kuchar09) use nexus 7's for this. Works great and is infinitely customizable. All this can be done for less than a GOOD nav HU would cost you.

Kuchar09's setup
[video=youtube;kjA_5NbwKlM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kjA_5NbwKlM[/video]

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Of course you could always find a OE nav unit and install it as well.. The only reason I mention going OE, with BlueFusion, and the OE Nav unit, I love how cost effective it was, and painless installation. Brand New Nav unit was 400 bucks, BlueFusion was 29 or 39 bucks (cant remember), and I have had it installed for over a year now, with no issues.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online