A few questions about mod idea's

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Okay, so I have decided to go all black on the 'voy, inside and out. I was wondering if all black leather TB seats would fit in my truck? Or should I just sew up some leather seat covers? I ask because I have the dual heated seats(butt and back on both driver and pass) and I have power seats, and memory drivers seat and i'm not sure if seats from a TB can be wired into the truck for all my power options I have in Phantom. It would probably be a cheaper more realistic route to just do leather seat covers all around, but I have 3rd row seating and I'm not sure if they make covers for the 3rd row and the second row which drops down for access to the 3rd row seats. Hope thats not to confusing lol

I'm also looking at replacing the dash and carpet if I go either route. Do I have to get carpet specific for vehicles or can I buy carpet, have it cut and put it in? I may do a black/grey combo if I need to, but I'm hoping to completely black out everything, if I do these things it would be in the future as I don't want to do anything major until it's paid for.

Now onto a resonator question, when I do the delete do I need a pipe welded onto the exhaust and the tips welded to the pipe? Or do I just get a pipe to slide onto the exhaust and tips that slide onto the pipe? I was going to do a magnaflow exhaust but I heard it wouldn't make much of a difference and it would sound like crap on the I6?

Plasti dip- Would it with stand 2-3x a week washings with a power washer? I am thinking of doing my rims and possibly a few other things as well.

I guess thats about it for now, I will add more later if I need to.

Thanks in advance!

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
well i cant answer the carpet or seats portion of your thread...

but as for the exhaust and Plasti Dip... i would weld everything for the exhaust.. but thats just my personal preference... and less likely for exhuast leaks... but im not sure if any would be noticible on the I6 for that matter :rotfl:

and as for the Plasti Dip... i'll just say this... i pressure washed my SS once, and it blew the paint off my grille.. (i was trying to get the bugs off from a late night drive through the country, and i got a little too close.. and viola.. paint just chipped right off my grille).. so yes, i do believe the Plasti Dip will blast off in time.. maybe not right away.. but at some point.. i believe it will.. everrywhere ive read, it says not to pressure wash the treated areas.. this stuff comes off very easy.. i mean some of the overspray i had on little areas of my grilles today when i did it, just rubbed right off.. it could also depend on the amount of coats you put on.. but again, my personal preference.. i wouldnt pressure wash a plasti dipped piece..

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Boricua SS said:
well i cant answer the carpet or seats portion of your thread...

but as for the exhaust and Plasti Dip... i would weld everything for the exhaust.. but thats just my personal preference... and less likely for exhuast leaks... but im not sure if any would be noticible on the I6 for that matter :rotfl:

and as for the Plasti Dip... i'll just say this... i pressure washed my SS once, and it blew the paint off my grille.. (i was trying to get the bugs off from a late night drive through the country, and i got a little too close.. and viola.. paint just chipped right off my grille).. so yes, i do believe the Plasti Dip will blast off in time.. maybe not right away.. but at some point.. i believe it will.. everrywhere ive read, it says not to pressure wash the treated areas.. this stuff comes off very easy.. i mean some of the overspray i had on little areas of my grilles today when i did it, just rubbed right off.. it could also depend on the amount of coats you put on.. but again, my personal preference.. i wouldnt pressure wash a plasti dipped piece..

Thanks. I guess Plasti dip may not be the best option for me then. I wash the truck 2-3 sometimes 4 days a week if the weather holds up, and I usually use the power washer in the self service washing stalls at gas stations instead of the automatic washes which never gets the truck very clean for what I pay anyways. I wonder about the interior, if using something like armour all would wipe away anything I would plasti dip inside the truck, if so again it may not be a good option for me.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Voymom said:
Thanks. I guess Plasti dip may not be the best option for me then. I wash the truck 2-3 sometimes 4 days a week if the weather holds up, and I usually use the power washer in the self service washing stalls at gas stations instead of the automatic washes which never gets the truck very clean for what I pay anyways. I wonder about the interior, if using something like armour all would wipe away anything I would plasti dip inside the truck, if so again it may not be a good option for me.

the only thing i could suggest.. its only $6 for a can.. just get one.. test it on an exterior panel that gets regulalrly wasshed as you explained.. and see how it holds up.. worse comes to worse.. you're only out $6.. no harm no foul.. just peel the rest off...

i just did my grilles today.. so the next time i wash the beaSSt, i'll report how it help up.. but i dont use a power/pressure washer.. good ol fashioned manual labor for me lol... hand mit and a bucket!!.. so i really cant see it peeling... once fully cured, the stufff does last.. i mean people paint entire cars using this stuff lol.. plus with the amount of us using it on our rims, etc... there must not be too bad of an issue in cleanliness...

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Boricua SS said:
the only thing i could suggest.. its only $6 for a can.. just get one.. test it on an exterior panel that gets regulalrly wasshed as you explained.. and see how it holds up.. worse comes to worse.. you're only out $6.. no harm no foul.. just peel the rest off...

i just did my grilles today.. so the next time i wash the beaSSt, i'll report how it help up.. but i dont use a power/pressure washer.. good ol fashioned manual labor for me lol... hand mit and a bucket!!.. so i really cant see it peeling... once fully cured, the stufff does last.. i mean people paint entire cars using this stuff lol.. plus with the amount of us using it on our rims, etc... there must not be too bad of an issue in cleanliness...

I wish I could wash the old fashioned way, it would save a ton of quarters, but the duplex I rent doesn't have a hose spickett in the front yard, just the back, and I have no way to drive it through my fenced in yard to get to the back where the hose is :sadcry:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Voymom said:
I wish I could wash the old fashioned way, it would save a ton of quarters, but the duplex I rent doesn't have a hose spickett in the front yard, just the back, and I have no way to drive it through my fenced in yard to get to the back where the hose is :sadcry:
Get a longer hose? :lipsrsealed:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
From my experience, the seats from an EXT Trailblazer should fit into a EXT Envoy. I am pretty certain that the plugs are the same as well, provided you find a set of seats out of a donor vehicle with the same options that you have.

As far as the resonator goes, just cut it off and say to hell with the extra pipe or tip. It looks so much cleaner without it there at all and there is ABSOLUTELY NO issue with having it dump out under the back foot of the vehicle. Both of my trucks are this way and have been for years. During my time on this and the other site, and many many meets, I have lost a lot of brain cells from the excessive parties, but never from my exhaust!

Here is a picture of my ass with no exhaust.
DSC_2711.jpg

DSC_2643.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Voymom said:
Thanks Carlton!!!

You're welcome.

:iagree: with Matt, cut the can, and don't worry about the pipe extension and a tip, at least for now. I've been running mine the same way since about November, with no issues either. I don't have the sexy pics like he does though :tongue: If you come across an exhaust tip down the road that makes you :eek: then go ahead and get it.

Trailshaman

Dec 7, 2011
I chopped off the can bout a year ago and just clamped a 90 degree bend anda tip on cost me about 15 bucks and no problems at all. I did after a couple months get around to welding it up.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spellman1989

Members Online