a/c problems

MikesTB

Original poster
Mar 2, 2013
I am having trouble with my a/c when it is on it will idle
up and down until it dies completely it does not matter if the compressor is running or not. does anyone have
an idea

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Mostly agree. When you say it doesn't matter if the compressor is on or off, could you describe in more detail how you turn the compressor off? If you're in defrost or recirculate mode, you can't turn the compressor off.

You might also raise the hood and watch the front of the compressor. If the idle jumps up and down as the clutch engages and disengages, that's the real proof it's a dirty throttle body.

Welcome! And you might also share your model in your profile (so we can confirm it's an I6 - V8 models don't usually have this problem) and how many miles. Usually the dirty throttle body syndrome doesn't show up until the owner has a battery failure or disconnection, which resets the memory in the PCM and the computer has to re-learn the throttle body behavior all over again.

redbandit98

Aug 8, 2012
for what its worth, mine does/did the same thing. I cleaned the throttle body, changed the plugs etc. Mine will not die , but it still stumbles sometimes when its in gear and the AC is on. Im not sure if the auto enginuity software will let me change the idle speed, but whenever I finally decide to buy it Im gonna find out. I could do all sorts of stuff with my 6.0 ford diesel so Im hoping the software will let me bump up the speed.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online

No members online now.