5.3l Ported Throttle Body options?

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
So, I'm ready to buy a bigger TB for my 06 Envoy 5.3l. I'll leave my wife's I64.2 alone for now, or just buy Supermodulation's.

I know that there will be no gains by itself, but when aggregated with all other 'more air' mods, the sum will be greater than the parts.
It's just one peice to a puzzle, but I can only afford to do the puzzle in baby steps...:wink:
I'm not into shipping mine out for porting. I need the truck as a DD. I won't be sending in my old unit for the core charge either. I'll be keeping it as a spare in case anything goes wrong with the modded one.

I've been looking around, searching, googling, etc.
So far I've found these two.

Supermodulation's ported TB at $300 found here;
[EBAY]260755377430[/EBAY]
Unfortunately, he has already shipped me the wrong supersparkz parts and so far he has ignored my pointed questions about what size he ports to.

Jantzers ported TB at $170 found here;
[EBAY]200696047120[/EBAY]
I've actually purchased a ported TB from Jantzer on my last truck.
Yes, back in 2008 he was a dick, but he's been fine for about two years now. And I personally had no issues with his last ported Tb that I bought from him.
Lot's of guys from TYF.com have bought from him in the last few years also with no issues.
If I knew for sure this TB would work on my truck, I'd have already bought it from him.

BBK Throttle Bodies is another option, but when I use the drop down vehicle selector, first my year is not listed, then there are no products available.

So I guess, I need more information.
What size is the stock TB on our 5.3's?
Where did you guys buy yours from?
What TB's fit on our trucks?
Can I buy Jantzers?

Thanks for any help you can give!

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Hasn't anyone with a 5.3l bought a ported TB from the interwebz?

Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
So, I took some pics of my stock TB. Grabbed it's part# and started googling some more....

3480-img-20120201-103710.jpg

3479-img-20120201-103652.jpg

Jaztner emailed me back and said his will fit. However I may research it a bit more before ordering it though...

It seems the key is the number of mounting bolts on the intake.. three or four?

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ok, here is the good news.
Yes, Jantzer's ported TB will fit and work ok.
The bad news is that it's almost as useless as a TB spacer.

After much googling and reading and asking around, it seems that the stock TB is fine, and porting it out won't make much if any difference, so no one does it.

Ok, fine. This project has been scrapped.
On to the next one!
Long tube headers! and True Dual Exhaust!

I'm thinking Stainless Works. Anyone have feedback on them?

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Good call, ported tbs are meh at best.

Headers/heads/cam are where the power is on these trucks, guess you could throw the intake manifold in there as well, but most guys leave the stock truck one on or go to an L92 truck one.

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
Lucky V8's us 4.2's don't get shit for performance!:hissyfit:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
04envoyxlv8

Members Online