4l70e or 4l60e (plus need Torque Convertor OEM part number)

Ace1875

Original poster
Mar 29, 2012
Im looking for the part number to our OEM I6 torque convertor. My transmission has seen better days and is on its last leg.

I found a rebuild 4L70e for $1000 and a rebuild 4L60e for $780

the 4l70e has this specs:
Parts List:
  • All New Gaskets, Seals Metal Clad Seals, Sealing Rings, Paper and Rubber NOTHING REUSED!
  • 8 - Raybestos Blue Line Clutch ¾ Stack up With Kollene Steels
  • 5 - New Borg Warner Low/Reverse Clutches
  • 4 - New Borg Warner Reverse Input Clutches
  • 5 - New Borg Warner Forward Clutches
  • 2 - New Borg Warner Overrun Clutches
  • New Alto Wide Carbon Lined Band (Can be a little noisy between the 1-2 shift and 3-4 shift in some applications)
  • Late model ¾ Clutch One Piece Apply Plate
  • New Teflon Pump Bushing
  • New Teflon Extension Housing Bushing
  • New Bronze Front and Rear (Teflon Coated) Stator Bushings
  • New Wide Sun Gear Bushing
  • Front Planet and Rear Ring Gear Wide style Torrington Bearing
  • New Bronze Case Bushing
  • New Thrust Washers
  • New Pump Vanes
  • New Pump Guide
  • New Hardened Pump Rings
  • New Beast Sun Shell
  • New Borg Warner Dual Cage Front Sprag
  • New Borg Warner Low/Reverse (Late Model) Sprag
  • New or Remanufactured Solenoids
  • New Sonnax TCC Regulator Valve
  • New Reverse Input Capsule
  • New Aluminum 1-2 Accumulator Piston
  • New Aluminum 3-4 Accumulator Piston
  • New Molded Pistons
  • New TransGo Zinc Coated Separator Plate
  • Extreme Tolerance GM Front and Rear Planets

Updates to the Transmission

• Updated TCC Regulator Valve

Sonnax TCC Regulator Valve #77754-04K/77754-03K depending on application, which requires a special reaming tool, that re-bores worn out aluminum 4L60E valve bodies which is an issue when time for a rebuild, and allows installation of this special high quality valve and sleeve, that lists for $50.00 dollars alone. This problem is the NUMBER ONE most overlooked issue by other rebuilders. One indicator of this issue is the P1870 Code. If this valve is not installed, even after a rebuild transmission can become overheated and as a result can burn up quickly do to torque converter slippage, caused by the badly worn valve body casting in the converter clutch regulator valve bore.

• Updated Sun Shell

We use Beast Sunshell helps prevent breaking and stripping of the Sunshell splines on to the rear sun gear, which is a very common issue with the OEM (GM) Shell.

• Updated Accumulator Pistons

We use aluminum accumulator pistons versus original plastic pistons, or worn leaking OEM type pistons

• Updated ¾ Clutch Pack

We use Raybesos Blue Line Clutch 3/4 stack up (The ¾ Clutch pack is one of the biggest weak spots of the this transmission, this ¾ stack up allows the load to be to better distributed on the increased clutch apply area of the 8 clutches instead of the 6 clutches OEM);

• Reverse Input Capsule

Helps reduce premature failure in the Reverse Input Clutch.

Warranty:
This transmission comes with a 1 Year 36,000 Mile Warranty with the purchase of a new torque converter. We offer an extended Warranty 2 Year 50,000 Mile Warranty for $450 extra, or a 3 Year 100,000 Mile Warranty for $650 Extra.

the 4l60E has this
Parts List:

• All New Gaskets, Seals Metal Clad Seals, Sealing Rings, Paper and Rubber NOTHING REUSED!
  • New Alto 9 Clutch ¾ Stack up
  • 5 - New Borg Warner Low/Reverse Clutches
  • 4 - New Borg Warner Reverse Input Clutches
  • 5 - New Borg Warner Forward Clutches
  • 2 - New Borg Warner Overrun Clutches
  • New Borg Warner High Energy
  • Late model ¾ Clutch One Piece Apply Plate
  • New Teflon Pump Bushing
  • New Teflon Extension Housing Bushing
  • New Bronze Front and Rear Stator Bushings
  • New Bronze Case Bushing
  • New Thrust Washers
  • New Pump Vanes
  • New Pump Guide
  • New Hardened Pump Rings
  • New Hardened Spline Sun Shell
  • New Borg Warner Low/Reverse (Late Model) Sprag
  • New or Remanufactured Solenoids
  • New Sonnax TCC Regulator Valve
  • New Reverse Input Capsule
  • New Aluminum 1-2 Accumulator Piston
  • New Aluminum 3-4 Accumulator Piston
  • New Molded Pistons
  • New TransGo Zinc Coated Separator Plate
  • Extreme Tolerance GM Front and Rear Planets

Updates to the Transmission

• Updated TCC Regulator Valve
Sonnax TCC Regulator Valve #77754-04K/77754-03K depending on application, which requires a special reaming tool, that re-bores worn out aluminum 4L60E valve bodies which is an issue when time for a rebuild, and allows installation of this special high quality valve and sleeve, that lists for $50.00 dollars alone. This problem is the NUMBER ONE most overlooked issue by other rebuilders. One indicator of this issue is the P1870 Code. If this valve is not installed, even after a rebuild transmission can become overheated and as a result can burn up quickly do to torque converter slippage, caused by the badly worn valve body casting in the converter clutch regulator valve bore.

• Updated Sun Shell
We use hardened spline Sunshell helps prevent stripping of where the Sunshell splines on to the rear sun gear, which is a very common issue with the OEM (GM) Shell.

• Updated Accumulator Pistons
We use aluminum accumulator pistons versus original plastic pistons, or worn leaking OEM type pistons

• Updated ¾ Clutch Pack
We use Alto 9 Clutch 3/4 stack up (The ¾ Clutch pack is one of the biggest weak spots of the this transmission, this ¾ stack up allows the load to be to better distributed on the increased clutch apply area of the 9 clutches instead of the 6 clutches OEM);

• Reverse Input Capsule
Helps reduce premature failure in the Reverse Input Clutch.

Warranty:
This transmission comes with a 1 Year 36,000 Mile Warranty with the purchase of a new torque converter. We offer an extended Warranty 2 Year 50,000 Mile Warranty for $250 extra, or a 3 Year 100,000 Mile Warranty for $450 Extra.

The only difference in installation i can think of between these two will be the output shaft with the speed sensor. either way i go i want to replace with a new convertor. if you guys know a good strong aftermarket or OEM, much thankful.

PS: Rodie i can't find your PDF file with all the part numbers listed if u could re post that i would be soooo thank you man.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
Dacco seems to be commonly used for OE replacement at a reasonable price

if you got money burning a hole in your pocket get a yank :smile: mine cost as much as that 4l70 lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online