2008 gmc acadia buzzing, popping, no radio, turn signal noise, or chimes

deerslayer1985

Original poster
Feb 26, 2015
I have a 2008 gmc acadia. Just all of the sudden the radio started getting staticky sounding, and then would pop, and buzz. It gradually got worse, and the radio eventually stopped. The turn signals also dont make any noise, and the door chimes dont work either. I read about it could possibly be water in the wiring harness in the doors. I checked and there was some water in a couple of them. I cleaned and dried those out. It buzzed and popped a bit more, and Ive been keeping it in the garage. Its all dried out. It has completely quit working now. No sound at all from anything, and the buzzing and popping has stopped. I checked the fuses for the amp, and radio. All was good. So someone mentioned it could be the amp. Does the amp control the sound for everything? Any help would be appreciated.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
If the Hood to Body Grounding Strap is either Loose, Fitted with Rusty Fasteners and Washers, Corroded Away... or missing entirely... Then the Large Surface Area of the Metal Skin of the Hood can cause erratic radiant energy Radio Wave Interference. The same thing can occur if the ordinarily Finger Tight Base Threaded Antennae Attachment is loose enough to *rattle* about. BOTH conditions deserve investigation.

deerslayer1985

Original poster
Feb 26, 2015
I cant see any wire or and type of ground anywhere connected to the hood. Where should it be? All I can see is the washer fluid hose.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
You might try haunting the Dedicated Acadia Forum-Site and search or post your question amongst those with greater familiarity with your Platform. There is nothing preventing you from adding in a length of Bonding Strap (available in all shapes and sizes over on Amazon) made out of Two Durable Eyelets soldered up to a Length of Braided Copper Ground or Bonding Strap in such a way as to avoid getting the Loop jammed in between the Hood and the Vehicle Firewall connection using any suitable existing fasteners from BOTH sides.

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chriswilson5585

Members Online