2006 Envoy Denali Remote Start problem

truckmann

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Well let me be the first to start a thread in here!

I have installed an Autopage C3RS665-2W into a 2006 GMC Envoy Denali which has the V8 engine and I cannot get the remote start to work. I can't even get the system to attempt a start. I am using a iDatalink ADS-ALSL GM module in which I have made sure to update with the latest firmware. I have it hooked up and programed for 2-way communication except for the Tach signal which I have sourced from the instrument cluster since that isn't available via the data bus on the V8 engines. The lock, unlock and door open notifications are all working properly. The remote start however, does not even attempt to work and I need some ideas on what to check. When I push the button to remote start the remote just beeps 3 times and then nothing happens, I am not even hearing the relays click on the unit. I have went through the programming to set it to Tach learning mode, but I have not been able to get the system into the tach learning mode. I have tried dozens of times and after I push the valet button 11 times and hold in nothing ever happens. I would really appreciate any ideas you can give me to resolve this problem.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
truckmann said:
Well let me be the first to start a thread in here!

Welcome! And thank you for providing the details of the equipment that you are using.:thumbsup:

truckmann said:
The remote start however, does not even attempt to work and I need some ideas on what to check. When I push the button to remote start the remote just beeps 3 times and then nothing happens, I am not even hearing the relays click on the unit.

I don't think that tach is related. No tach would just give a start/stall and would set a code 3 in shutdown diagnostics.

Did you get anything out of shutdown diagnosis?

If there is no codes in SD, my first step would be to go into the 6 pin heavy gauge harness and test for 12v on both red leads.

Bub

Nov 21, 2011
I know on my automate am6 whenever the car looses power like a dead battery or something the system when re energized doesn't work the locks do but no the starter, i need to pull the battery again and then re attach and it works fine who knows if that will help or not ...

truckmann

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I got it figured out last night. I just neglected to hook the Park/neutral safety wire to a ground. I also had to switch to the voltage method for detecting start. For some reason I could not get the system to go into tach learning mode. I followed the directions many times and it just wouldn't do it. Not a big deal since it seems to be working just fine now.

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011
If you dont mind me asking whay does a good remote start kit cost and how is yhe install? I only ask because lastnight it was -20 out and it would be nice to have a warm truck to get into.

truckmann

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
TangoBravo said:
If you dont mind me asking whay does a good remote start kit cost and how is yhe install? I only ask because lastnight it was -20 out and it would be nice to have a warm truck to get into.

You can get a good remote start kit for around $60-80 depending on features and you will need a bypass module to deal with the factory security system which can be had for around $40-50. So on the low end from $100-130 will get you a good aftermarket remote start/keyless entry system. The remote start kit I got has the 2-way transmitter that show on the remote the status of the vehicle so you know if it started without having to see it or hear it. It was right at $80 from Amazon and the bypass module I got was $50. I have been very happy with the AutoPage brand stuff and have been using one of there systems on my truck for several years without any problems. I would lean toward using the fortin INT-SL+ module. I'm using and idatalink module because my wife wants the 2-step door unlock (which just annoys me) and I don't think the INT-SL+ modules have that feature. After dealing with idatalink I now refuse to ever use them again. There product is fine but the company, supposedly do to Canadian law, is a joke in the way they are required to do business.

As for the installation it was actually pretty easy on our Envoy. All of the wires are pretty easy to get to. Had I not forgotten to hook up one wire I think I could have had it all done in about 3-4 hours and I soldered all the connections. Using bypass module that supports the 2-way datalink communication (like the IN-SL+) helps install time by eliminating several connections that would normally need to be made to the bypass module. I still need to hook up the hood safety switch on mine, but it's not needed for the system to work so I'll get to it eventually.

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011
Wow that is not at all as expensive as I thought. Thanks for getting back to me, looks like I just found my next mod.

bmntrail04

Oct 18, 2012
TangoBravo said:
Wow that is not at all as expensive as I thought. Thanks for getting back to me, looks like I just found my next mod.

We all know that we just want to dive right in and install our stuff but ive read alot of threads and all of u need to stop and read first...then attempt the install if u have questions after ask us lol I have over 16 yrs of experience installing car audio and alarm/starter combos and I own a 04 trailblazer which is equipped with 5901 iv not had 1 issue with:smile:

NinjuhhNutz

Oct 15, 2012
bmntrail04 said:
We all know that we just want to dive right in and install our stuff but ive read alot of threads and all of u need to stop and read first...then attempt the install if u have questions after ask us lol I have over 16 yrs of experience installing car audio and alarm/starter combos and I own a 04 trailblazer which is equipped with 5901 iv not had 1 issue with:smile:

I agree 110% about the reading before hand...I'm sitting with a 05 tb that won't start bc I did something, (or something happened I'm currently unaware of) during my 5704 install...install is pretty straightforward with what I know now, I only wish I had done more research before I started...there's no time wasted in that extra hour or two reading and learning the one little detail that will keep a simple project from turning into a nightmare~
don't make my mistake, get the parts in, research every aspect of it, and know what to do before you do it
learning on the fly is for those who can afford to make mistakes...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online

No members online now.