NEED HELP 2006 Envoy Denali 5.3 rebuild

Freakzilla660

Original poster
Aug 8, 2021
LaPorte, IN
Gents, new here and thx for this site. I bought a super clean 2006 Envoy Denali with a bad trans and knocking motor for $300. I want to fix the engine but have never done an LS, have done many others though. Suggestions on lifters, cam, and potential AMF delete plus anything else? Might as well do some performance stuff while in there.

MBS1994

May 26, 2019
Colorado
Gents, new here and thx for this site. I bought a super clean 2006 Envoy Denali with a bad trans and knocking motor for $300. I want to fix the engine but have never done an LS, have done many others though. Suggestions on lifters, cam, and potential AMF delete plus anything else? Might as well do some performance stuff while in there.
It's been a while since I had my 06 trailblazer but I had done long tube headers, 3 inch y pipe with hi flow cats, and swapped the muffler and removed the resonator, swapped to electric ls1 fbody style e fans, and a pcmofnc tune. That's a pretty decent start. If you have the lh6 in it you are off to a good start as it is a aluminum 5.3, with 243/799 heads (same head used on the ls6, minor difference on valves on the 799), 4.8 flat top pistons for higher compression, and the nnbs intake. Look into the sonnax shift kit it has great reviews and I had one I never got to install, the i6 trailblazer torque converter is also a good option to add in if you pull the trans, also I did a Corvette servo that made the shift points better. Cam I was looking at was the btr type two low lift kit to add power but keep some manners. I believe to really get rid of afm you need to either tune it or swap to ls7? Lifters, a cam, new valley cover and tune. Check other ls based sites they will have way more there for building

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianhvac

Members Online