2004 Trailblazer c0265

richphotos

Original poster
Feb 26, 2016
St. Louis Park, MN
2004 TB LT 2wd, with traction control
The ABS light has been going off for some time now. The time driven between the light being off and the ABS disabling and the light coming on varies between driving a foot or a mile.

I already Cleaned the ground, wheel speed sensors are good.

I know this code is pointing at the ABS control module and from all my searching, seems like replacing this part is the way to go.

I have seen some people send them off for a rebuild (how much is that and where)

When its "rebuilt" what exactly is rebuilt? I am good with electronics and am able to figure things out easily, if I had a place to start I would give it a go... It doesn't work anyways and needs to be replace so why not try?

Is there anything else I could look for before completely digging into this? I will be under it changing oil tomorrow.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
The only place I can find is eBay for the rebuild. Costs right at 150 bucks. Or you can buy a rebuilt one for right at 275+100 refundable core.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Prior to just doing an ABS Unit R&R, If you have a Tech 2... Perform an ABS Activation Brake Pedal Purge and do a General Brake Bleed that might Wake Up the ABS Unit. If this works... the action might preclude the Time, Cost and Effort needed to perform an R&R of that ABS Unit.

This video from Dr. Shock shows the Best General ABS Power Bleeding Procedures in a "By The Book" Approach and Hands On Use of the Tech 2 to 'exercise' the ABS Unit into behaving itself:

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If you have a pick n pull nearby, you could grab a used unit. Haven't heard of many in these trucks failing.

richphotos

Original poster
Feb 26, 2016
St. Louis Park, MN
Thank you, I was under there looking at where it was and left it alone for the day. Laid in the mud enough. I will talk to my buddy to see if his is tech 2.
I have a bluedriver and from my knowledge it is not capable of that, only reading.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Often times it is a bad/cracked solder joint in the abs control module. I fixed a coworkers 04 Silverado with that error easily enough.. once I got those darned torx screws with rusted heads out (replaced with stainless screws!). I removed it without pulling the abs block so I didn't have to bleed the darn thing or deal with surface rusted brake line fittings. If you can remove the brain board without removing the abs block, and are decent with a soldering iron, uiu can do the same. Or heck, if you can get it off but don't want to deal with soldering I could do it for you.

richphotos

Original poster
Feb 26, 2016
St. Louis Park, MN
Often times it is a bad/cracked solder joint in the abs control module. I fixed a coworkers 04 Silverado with that error easily enough.. once I got those darned torx screws with rusted heads out (replaced with stainless screws!). I removed it without pulling the abs block so I didn't have to bleed the darn thing or deal with surface rusted brake line fittings. If you can remove the brain board without removing the abs block, and are decent with a soldering iron, uiu can do the same. Or heck, if you can get it off but don't want to deal with soldering I could do it for you.
Thanks that's my plan to remove and solder, snow here in MN without a garage so it's waiting 😂

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianhvac

Members Online