09' GMC EnvoyTransmission Neutral slip?

ZVanD

Original poster
Aug 3, 2013
Hello all,
My first post on these forums. I am having this intermittent problem. When I slow down to a stop or heavy traffic, pulling out of a parking lot etc. This weird thing happens where trans slips into Neutral mode, not on the dash lights though. I don't notice this has happened so I slightly press the gas to take off and ta dah just revs (sometimes audible clunking noise) as though the trans wants to engage into D again, then after second or seconds the Tranny engages and back to normal. Fluid is clean and doesn't smell bad. Unsure of last filter and fluid change. I've taken it to actual; GM dealership and they couldn't recreate it, so nada there. Shifts fine highway and city just randomly has above problem. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Forgot to mention 4.2L I6 '09 GMC Envoy

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Not in my experience, but at least you got it on record during the warranty period that it was intermittent.

Welcome!

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Welcome..:tiphat: Did you check both sides of the trans dipstick? Sounds like it's momentarily starving of trans fluid but not sure. I would strongly recommend the next time it starts acting up, go straight to the dealer and take the service manager for a ride, document ALL visits, persons involved, etc.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CHEVYN8R