07 tahoe radio in envoy

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
It might fit but the VIN may not be accepted into it to make it operate. Why not go with an aftermarket?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It should work but will need to have the VIN programmed via the dealer or a shop with a Tech 2. Would be easier, and probably a better unit, getting an aftermarket HU with and adapter.

warriorpluto

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
I just wanted to keep it factory. What would be some good aftermarket replacements. Satellite radio, rds,bluetooth and navigation?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
What would be some good aftermarket replacements.

That's not an easily answered question. Along the same lines of "What would make for a good spouse for me, what kind of food tastes good, etc"

You'll have to figure out what all features you want vs what you NEED, and do some cost analysis research to come up with a list to choose from. :twocents:

warriorpluto

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
That's not an easily answered question. Along the same lines of "What would make for a good spouse for me, what kind of food tastes good, etc"

You'll have to figure out what all features you want vs what you NEED, and do some cost analysis research to come up with a list to choose from. :twocents:
I was looking on ebay. The radio I want isn't really a nane brand. Do you have any experience with radios like that, that aren't name brands?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I was looking on ebay. The radio I want isn't really a nane brand. Do you have any experience with radios like that, that aren't name brands?

Nope, all Pioneer HUs for me in my modding history. What I would do in your shoes, if you found one you like, google the model number, see if you can find any reviews on that model from any other sites. (Amazon, Crutchfield, SonicElectronix, etc)

Obviously anyone can put aftermarket radios in their cars, so this gives you a much larger population to get info from, besides just here, since that radio isn't platform specific.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Find the features you want at www.Crutchfield.com and then do more research on them to narrow it down more. Over the years I have used Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer and Alpine for HUs.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: xavierny25

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdub2306

Members Online