07 Tahoe LTZ

navigator

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
I'm pondering purchasing an 07 Yukon SLT 4X4 with about 80k miles.
It looks like it rolled off the showroom floor.
Anything in particular I should check out?
It is from a reputable dealer that I have worked with in the past.

Also if anyone can check a vin to see if it has the G80 that would be great.

1GKFK13007R252038

This is to replace our mini-van. With the 3rd row it seems like a good option.
I need something that can haul 6 people, drive on the beach and tow my bass boat. It seems like a logical choice and the price is right.
Pretty sure it has the 5.3 V8.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
No advice just commenting on how I love that truck and would only consider an LTZ or the Denali of the GMC. It's not easy to find them with low miles since apparently they are the always driven car and the Denali was almost always the XL version. I always ask for a build sheet from the dealer along with the Carfax and the Autocheck. When I got my 9-7 the Autocheck showed every single little item that was addressed specifically while the carfax just said 'scheduled service' or similar. The SAAB dealer took effort to detail everything but Carfax didn't indicate that. Only one time did a dealer ever look at me crazy when I was verifying G80 and 3.73 with a buildsheet.

navigator

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
sorry, it is actually the SLT Yukon. We were looking for Tahoes at the time so I entered the wrong info.
It is loaded with leather, quad 2nd row, sunroof, dvd and 4wd.
I saw a Denali a few weeks back that was nice but I prefer the 4WD to AWD.

Bravada

Jan 29, 2012
See if you can get any information about oil consumption or lifter issues. My 2007 Silverado with the 5.3 just had the engine tore down and had the lifters replaced (along with a page of other things). It only has 40k miles on it. Luckily it was covered under warranty because the cost would be between 3 and 4 thousand. These are pretty common issues with the AFM engine.

navigator

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Bravada said:
See if you can get any information about oil consumption or lifter issues. My 2007 Silverado with the 5.3 just had the engine tore down and had the lifters replaced (along with a page of other things). It only has 40k miles on it. Luckily it was covered under warranty because the cost would be between 3 and 4 thousand. These are pretty common issues with the AFM engine.

oil consumption does seem to be an issue with the 5.3 engines. This is a fleet model so I doubt I can find out.
If I decide to proceed I might have the dealer write up something about it just to cover the bases.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli