06 Envoy Denali Engine light...

DerrickG

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Ok guys have an 2006 Envoy Denali and I have two codes for the engine light. P0171 and P0174 Bank 1 and 2 too lean. Whats causing this? Is there a common issue? It runs and drives fine so not sure whats going on. Thanks!!

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
DerrickG said:
Ok guys have an 2006 Envoy Denali and I have two codes for the engine light. P0171 and P0174 Bank 1 and 2 too lean. Whats causing this? Is there a common issue? It runs and drives fine so not sure whats going on. Thanks!!

I had those codes too, might be time for a lil cleaning, have a read http://gmtnation.com/f26/p0171-p0174-morning-6587/

Oct 29, 2013
This happened to me once too. If it comes back on, check to make sure the intake tube is tight and the IAT sensor is firmly in the tube. My problem was the latter

DerrickG

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Well crap... the wife said it came back on this mornig. Guess Ill do a deep clean on her tonight. Any other things I should try?

Oct 29, 2013
DerrickG said:
Well crap... the wife said it came back on this mornig. Guess Ill do a deep clean on her tonight. Any other things I should try?

Did you check the intake tract? Anything after the MAF that has come loose or otherwise leaking air into the motor will cause this code.

DerrickG

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
chicagotransam said:
Did you check the intake tract? Anything after the MAF that has come loose or otherwise leaking air into the motor will cause this code.

Yup I checked it last night and made sure everything was tight. Wife is working till 2am tonight in ER so I wont get a chance to look at it till tomorrow. Im going to take it all apart and clean with MAF cleaner tomorrow. We will see if this works.

DerrickG

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Ok, so I took everything off including the TB and did a deep clean, So far we have put 30 or so miles on it and no engine light! It use to come on within a mile or two of the reset. So lets hope that was it. Thanks for all the help!

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
chicagotransam said:
A faulty MAF could cause it too I suppose. I hope that is it. Let us know how it goes

That's the great thing about our engines. Many of the parts can be removed from service to check/rule out other things. The computer then compensates for such conditions.

What I would do is remove the electrical connector from the MAF, clear the codes and see if it runs any better or the codes come back. If the codes don't come back then the MAF is bad.

But then again I don't have an 06+ engine with a MAF so I can't test this theory. But nevertheless it's an idea. Perhaps someone else can jump in to verify if this would work.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nadmak

Members Online