NEED HELP 04 Trailblazer 4WD locked ?

johnny be good

Original poster
Jul 26, 2018
Monessen Pa.
My 04 TB has been riding a little rough shifting forward to reverse a little rough slight clang like a bad driveshaft universal so while twisting the rear driveshaft back and forth I noticed the front shaft twist with it. Should the front shaft move with it in 2wd. Just wondering weather that is normal before I go further. Maybe simple bad connection or I hope not shifting solenoid those steel bolts into the aluminum always suck. Thanks for reading Edit: I guess what I am asking is does the transfer case stay locked in with front axle driveshaft and 4wd operates in and out at the front wheels. I am old school where transfer case is where 4wd shifts in and out

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The front driveshaft should turn freely by hand when in 2WD. Either the encoder motor is not working right or the transfer case has a problem.

This thread should help you in your diagnosis:

4WD not working? Step inside.

johnny be good

Original poster
Jul 26, 2018
Monessen Pa.
The front driveshaft should turn freely by hand when in 2WD. Either the encoder motor is not working right or the transfer case has a problem.

This thread should help you in your diagnosis:

4WD not working? Step inside.
Thank You Mooseman it is late in Pa I use fire fox and will load Chrome tomorrow so I can download all that valuable info. Just needed to know if that was wrong so I will press on

Reactions: mrrsm

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I also use FF and no problems here downloading anything. It's just a thread in the forum.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online