04 TB turns over won't fire

aprosign

Original poster
Dec 14, 2012
:confused:
Was running great, turned off and came back in 20 won't start. Acts like a kill switch, turns over well, pump runs, won't fire. Disconnected battery, reset alarm, same thing. Tried starting fluid, no fire, acted flooded. Electronic? Noticed Reduced Engine Power light comes on after I stop cranking a couple times. Don't know if that is usual for no start. Tried in neutral to rule out start switch. Checked fuses. Did not have any issues beforehand. Last summer had occasional issue with a dead stop at idle, would fire right back up.

Just replaced Ignition switch, no change. Pedal assembly next???:confused:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Pedal would be a huge guess. If it's bad, there should be a code as well as the REP. How did you check the fuses? Visually? :no:

I would read the code, and pull a plug to see if it's wet.

aprosign

Original poster
Dec 14, 2012
Problem solved! Glad I found issue, but what a tool.... Throttle body valve was stuck closed. Punched it open and cleaned well. Starts right up and runs like a champ. Must have stared at it 10 times - woke up this am and went straight to it. :thumbsup:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
That's interesting. Was it really gummy inside? Had to have been to hold the blade closed :eek:

aprosign

Original poster
Dec 14, 2012
Yes very oily and gummy. Poor maintenance on my part, bought it 4 mos ago. A lot of oil from pcv hose also.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
The lack of a PCV valve is the reason we have to clean the throttle body every 30K miles or so.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keithdm

Members Online