03 trailblazer hesitates

chevy

Original poster
Nov 22, 2013
Hey guys my 03 trailblazer hesitates first thing in the morning until the car warms up then runs fine afterthat no codes present any ideas thanks

jpimp

Feb 1, 2013
how many miles on truck?

do a tune up with delco plugs

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Welcome! Can't believe nobody snagged that screen name before now.

Anyway, help us out a bit with more details.

How many miles?
If over 100K, did you do Delco 41-103 plugs at the time?
Any maintenance history in the past, such as a P0128 that was fixed with a thermostat replacement?
Ever removed and cleaned the throttle body?
Any transmission service or fluid change history?

By "hesitates" do you mean - "ignores the throttle for a bit, then starts going faster", or "I hit the throttle and the RPM goes DOWN for a bit, then it starts going", or "I hit the throttle, the RPM goes up right away, but the transmission seems sluggish and the vehicle doesn't speed up right away?"

chevy

Original poster
Nov 22, 2013
Iam the originL owner it has 120 thousand miles I did a tune up no difference by hesitate I mean it feels like the tranny is slipping I have replaced the tranny fluid a couple of times since new I tried cleaning the throttle body qlso no difference I think I did have the code for the themostat im still confused with whats wrong thanks

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Sounds like a transmission problem, then. Take it to a professional with diagnostic equipment that can tell what's slipping internally and they can advise you much better. Not much we can do on a forum except list all the things that might be wrong with a transmission, and that's not very helpful if you're going to a mechanic anyway sooner or later.

Our questions were very specific, and everything has some meaning. For instance, Delco 41-103 are the ONLY plugs that have been shown to work well in the I6 engine, according to hundreds of posts over 8 years on three forums that deal with this vehicle. Since a normal "tune-up" doesn't apply to this engine (no plug wires, for instance), can you confirm that you now have 41-103 plugs?

If you ever had a P0128 code, and didn't change the thermostat right away thinking it was no problem to continue running cold for a while, you might have started to clog the catalytic converter, but that would cause symptoms at high RPM more than low.

But a slipping transmission is pretty specific. Could be a simple solenoid, filter, pressure problem, or more serious internal wear/damage.

jpimp

Feb 1, 2013
the fluid will expand as it heats up, hence why you check it in park at operating temps

JerryIrons

Dec 20, 2011
chevy I've fixed that problem myself by running some chevron techron through the fuel tank with a full load of high octane gas. Also by changing the oil believe it or not, I think that's what fixed it. Engine would hesitate right when you start it cold, then once it warmed up a little ran fine, no codes. Not saying it will fix yours but it is an easy attempt.

-Jerry

chevy

Original poster
Nov 22, 2013
I will give it atry it cant hurt also where on long island would I get the pcm reprogramed and about how much

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seeridhanoa

Members Online