03 envoy tweeter replacements.

eutechnyx

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Just wondering I am pretty sure the factory tweeters are 1" but does anyone know the max mounting depth of the tweeter? Im not wanting to destroy the factory mounting location of the tweeters too much,willing to trim a little bit.

hockeyman

Aug 26, 2012
eutechnyx said:
Just wondering I am pretty sure the factory tweeters are 1" but does anyone know the max mounting depth of the tweeter? Im not wanting to destroy the factory mounting location of the tweeters too much,willing to trim a little bit.

I bought and installed a set of these in my 2003 Envoy without any problems, other than having to drill 1 extra hole (per side) for a mounting screw.

If I recall correctly, the tweeter depth was just over 2". There's also a bit of room over top of the tweeters once they're mounted, so if they stick up a bit, you won't need to worry too much.

hockeyman

Aug 26, 2012
eutechnyx said:
Wait so its not a 1" tweeter?

My '03 Envoy did not come with the Bose setup, so I had to start from square-1. The Bose System has tweeters mounted there already.
I just bought an extra set of tweeters and had to route the wiring and tap new mounting holes.

I honestly have no idea what the stock tweeter size is for that location. The ones I bought do not fit absolutely perfectly, but I don't mind. They sound great, they don't rattle, and they're completely hidden by the dash panel. I'm happy.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spellman1989

Members Online