03 envoy smoked headlights

eutechnyx

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Does anyone make aftermarket smoked headlights or know of a reputable place that sells the tint pre cut to fit or even some covers that looks real nice? I've used vht on everything but headlights I'd rather make not so permanent. Thanks guys.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Well I know smitty can open ur headlights take out the amber corners and paint the inside whatever color u desire.....(if u don't wanna attempt it) vht'ing is a bad idea(light output etc.) Pm him. Smitty5150.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
yeah I would color match the lights rather then black them out...looks cleaner unless you have a black car

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Blckshdw said:
:book: Take a peek, looks like they're on sale for $30

Headlight Tint GMC Envoy 2003

ORRRR he can do one low price of $10 :biggrin:

[EBAY]261040756026[/EBAY]

But I personally do not recommend films for tails or head lights. How well will they hold under weather conditions and snow and bugs etc etc I cannot say. Nor would I risk it so its all on you what you do from here :thumbsup:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
eutechnyx said:
Does anyone make aftermarket smoked headlights or know of a reputable place that sells the tint pre cut to fit or even some covers that looks real nice? I've used vht on everything but headlights I'd rather make not so permanent. Thanks guys.

ItsOnVoy said:
ORRRR he can do one low price of $10 :biggrin:

:deal: Well if he wanted to cut his own vinyl, then yeah, go that route :raspberry:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Blckshdw said:
:deal: Well if he wanted to cut his own vinyl, then yeah, go that route :raspberry:

Oh I saw that but I'm just put that there as an option :biggrin:

YOUNG

Dec 4, 2011
today i let my girlfriend drive my truck, and i drove her mercedes. I was in front of her, and every turn we made i could easily see the blinkers on my tb. i was really surprised. And my headlights are about as dark as they come. if all else falls, just vht it! :thumbsup: good luck on the tint film tho! let me know if it works.

eutechnyx

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Well these headlights have already been taken apart and corners were tinted. The main reason for me wanting to tint them is because they are turning yellowish and dulling out bad. Unless someone has a good fix for that?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
There are headlight restoration kits out there to fix that, or you can just wet sand the lenses yourself as some other members have done. I bought the 3M headlight kit from Advance Auto, it worked pretty well, although I took the headlights off my truck (since I was modding them) so I couldn't get as much leverage since you're supposed to do it with them on the truck.

eutechnyx

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Well I've used those on them they didn't help much. When u wetsand em do u have to buff etc?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
When you're done sanding, yeah you'll want to buff and polish them. I think I saw one thread not too long ago, where one member had to sand the inside of the lenses, to get them clear again, so maybe that could be part of your problem? :undecided: At least since yours have been opened already, it would be easy to get in there to work on them, then reseal them up. :yes:

eutechnyx

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
I might try that. Thanks man. I have also never tried to restore kits that have the different grits of polishing paper only ones I've tried were just a buffing pad on a drill.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online