'02 TB outside temp sensor not working

wrecks2020

Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
My '02 Trailblazer LTZ has an "issue" with the AC not working when the OAT is indicating low. The temp shows all over the scale...from -26 C to +20 (real temp). I've read that this is a common problem on these trucks. Help!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Agreed. It's so cheap from the local dealer that they can often beat mail order. Available also at your local aftermarket parts stores if you have an aversion to setting foot in a dealer. I've been abused, so I have a full-blown phobia about dealers. YMMV.

And trivial to change out - near the hood latch. Buy the part, then search for something that looks the same.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
wrecks2020 said:
what happens if I disconnect it? Will that cause any problems?

not sure if yours is same as mine but when I had that issue i reset the system by holding; "fan mode-front defrost-rear defrost" all at the same time. When I did this the outside temp went up to 41 and slowly decreased 1 degres at a time until it matched the real outside temperature. No issues since.

wrecks2020

Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
Denali n DOO said:
not sure if yours is same as mine but when I had that issue i reset the system by holding; "fan mode-front defrost-rear defrost" all at the same time. When I did this the outside temp went up to 41 and slowly decreased 1 degres at a time until it matched the real outside temperature. No issues since.

I tried this and the gauge reset itself to -36C. I started it this morning and it was reading +10 and then went to +6C so the air works now....WTF?

envisionelec

Jun 20, 2012
wrecks2020 said:
I tried this and the gauge reset itself to -36C. I started it this morning and it was reading +10 and then went to +6C so the air works now....WTF?

The sensor is intermittent. I took mine apart and found a cracked connection to the thermistor. Tilted one way, it read fine - tap it, it doesn't.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online