wondering the difference between the throttle body in a 5.3 and 4.2

dtree9802

Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
Hello All,

My name is Dave and i am new to this site I have a 2005 4WD trailblazer with what seems to be a "throttle posistioning sensor problem" my check engine light along with my engine power reduced light as well. I visited my local dealership to find out there was in fact a service bulletin for a newer year of the trailblazer SS 5.3 only, but for the same exact problem, I believe it was a cover he said could be replaced instead of the crazy priced whole throttle body unit.. Can anyone help or suggest anything? Thanks in advance

Dave in Michigan

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Um 1st of all welcome.....the SS does not have the 5.3. It rather has the 6.0 ls2..... if u use the "search" fuction u will find some info on this issue.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
dtree9802 said:
Hello All,

My name is Dave and i am new to this site I have a 2005 4WD trailblazer with what seems to be a "throttle posistioning sensor problem" my check engine light along with my engine power reduced light as well. I visited my local dealership to find out there was in fact a service bulletin for a newer year of the trailblazer SS 5.3 only, but for the same exact problem, I believe it was a cover he said could be replaced instead of the crazy priced whole throttle body unit.. Can anyone help or suggest anything? Thanks in advance

Dave in Michigan

:tiphat: Welcome over from the dark side.

In case you haven't heard:
http://gmtnation.com/f5/welcome-gmtnation-com-heres-story-226/

Did the dealer say it was about the SS 5.3? Or just about the 5.3? As jrSS said there was no SS with a 5.3

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
dtree9802 said:
Hello All,

Dave in Michigan

he is correct that (at least in the v8 tb) the TPS sensor is in the cover that goes over the servo/blade cogs, but can you get that part separately? i doubt it. i'd just go on ebay and get a used throttle body, they're around $100

cmatb08

Jun 3, 2012
We just had to replace ours for the same issue! We paid 260 (for a brand new one from the dealer) instead of the 380 I think is that dealer price is if we walk up to the parts counter ourselfs

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online