Wireing diagram for a seat help me please!!!!

Expendablenate

Original poster
Jun 7, 2014
Alrighty so I have a 2003 envoy the front passanger seat belt crapped out. Local garage says about $500 to fix so me being a good cheap scots men goes to the auto wrecker. $83 later I have a seat with working seat belt out of a 04. Now the issue both seats are electric but GM bless there hearts changed the plug. The 03 has two plugs on with 5 wired and one with 2 wires I'm assuming one is for seat control and the other is for my heated seats. Now the one from the 04 only has one plug and it has 6 wires and I'm assuming they combined the seat controls and heated seat into one. So I'm thinking the easiest thing to do is cut and splice. I just need the wiring diagrams. Where can I find them? Does any one have them?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
"...But GM bless their hearts..." I know you're having an issue but I can't help but laugh at the way that's phrased.

There's seats without power options. Then seats with. Then seats with power options and seat heaters. At some point belt pre-tensioners were added to seats, I think that was a little later. Then there's the memory system for the driver's seat. I never thought I'd see so many wires in a glorified chair, I was horribly horribly wrong in that assumption.

Since the controls for the seat are integrated into the seat, there's just one orange wire supplying the switch assembly with that distributing power internally through various wires to the motors. Off-board connections as far as I can tell include:

-Incoming power for power seat motors (orange)
-Incoming power for power lumbar (orange)
-Ground for power seat motors (black)
-Ground for power lumbar (black)
-Incoming for seat belt switch (can't find the passenger colors, but the driver is black/white. This may have actually been a later addition)
-Ground for seat belt switch (black)
-Six wires running to the passenger side from the driver memory module to operate the seat heaters. It's actually interesting to trace the passenger heating element wiring, there's like four splices in a couple of them with whole different wire colors spliced together like a rainbow. The final run when it meets up with the seat is red/white, light green, dark green, red/white, yellow/black, and yellow.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianhvac

Members Online

No members online now.