Window/lock controls - '02-'05 vs. '06-'09

Falcon LS

Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Are '06-'09 switches compatible with '02-'05s at all? Long story short, the plastic trim on the master switch snapped, and I can get a whole set out of 4 switches out of an '08 in matching color. To my understanding from a search, new units require programming whilst used ones are plug and play? Thanks.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Edit: Took me a minute to realize what kind of switches you had. But yes, all of the PDM/DDMs should be compatible.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
You're correct on all counts. They are interchangeable and a used module is just simple plug and play as long as it has the same options. If you get ones that have a butt warmer switch but your seats don't have that feature, don't expect it to magically work :tongue:

Falcon LS

Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Perfect, thanks for the super quick responses!!

I'll go pull that set of four before anyone else picks one of them up - options and everything match, only the buttons are different.

kickass audio

Aug 25, 2012
As previously stated they will all swap right in as plug and play if they are used/programmed switches. If it is brand new, it needs to be programmed at a dealer. If you get a switch that has something additional like the heated seat controls, you can easily take off the top part of the switch and swap it over to the other switch assembly so that it doesn't have any other buttons than what your trim supports. While you have the face off and if you are decent at soldering, you can replace the bulbs with led's if you desire as well.

Reactions: Blckshdw

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well there is at least a design change at some point where they changed from a rocker design to a push/pull type. Electrically they should be the same

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online