Wifey's Halo Projector Headlamps

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Those look nice!! :yes: did you get CCFL halos?

and that bluish white color you can get with 6000k...would be the best color IMO for that

edit: oh beat me to it lol

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ms SilverBullet said:
I just got a set of these...what size bulb did you guys replace those ugly white bulbs with?

Those look good on your truck!

To answer your question;

I've tried these and didn't like em. [EBAY]250725599971[/EBAY]

Currently running these and I don't like them. [EBAY]250725603345[/EBAY]

This set just showed up today. These may be the most promising set yet! [EBAY]330600533993[/EBAY]

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I am going to speak for myself and Prob Carlton and say get Switchbacks :biggrin::rotfl:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Here they are

[EBAY]270822943980[/EBAY]

and a video I found, they pretty much go from white to yelllow when you signal...so while driving its white to match the halos and all the yellow when your signal

[video=youtube;Vgl5LQzoAho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgl5LQzoAho[/video]

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Here they are

and a video I found, they pretty much go from white to yelllow when you signal...so while driving its white to match the halos and all the yellow when your signal

Those are awesome 3157's, however we have replaced our 3157's with a bank of yellow led's.

What he was asking for was what did we replace our 194's with.
The OEM housings had a white bulb inside a yellow housing.
Now we have a white bulb in a clear housing. Looks bad and probably illegal. Need to have yellow put back in.
I was hoping that you had a switchback 194 bulb.
I'm not happy with any of the replacement 194's I've tried yet.
I'm open to suggestions though.

Nov 18, 2011
sorry I wasn't more specific, I meant the 9006 headlight. they came with a stock white headlight, I want some HID bulbs but don't know the size bulb (without taking them apart).

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
No they don't have 194 switchbacks :frown:

But looks like those smd's you got the last ones might be your best bet! That is what I would have recommended myself

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ms SilverBullet said:
sorry I wasn't more specific, I meant the 9006 headlight. they came with a stock white headlight, I want some HID bulbs but don't know the size bulb (without taking them apart).

LOL!!! Jeez I was waaaayyyy off.....
What are you gonna do with your white 194's then?

I put 5000k's in the lows and some Phillips funny gas in for highs...
Please stand by, I'll go look em up....

Nov 18, 2011
06Envoy said:
Am I detecting a bit of C'Nation in your plates?

View attachment 19770

He started it (Big Ed) :wink: but really the answer is yes and no, more to do with a old tupac song (his = you can't see me) (mine = you can see me).

Attachments

• 2011-08-16_19-58-01.jpg
    2011-08-16_19-58-01.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 4

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ok, got it. :thumbsup:

For the lows I used vvme.com for the first time. Box came in beatup all to hell, but they work ok so far.
H7 5000k 35w

For the highs I used Phillips H1 x-treme vision from powerbulbs in the UK.
H1 Phillips X-treme vision

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
ItsOnVoy said:
No they don't have 194 switchbacks :frown:

But looks like those smd's you got the last ones might be your best bet! That is what I would have recommended myself

:eek: Umm, whatchoo talkin 'bout Sam? :no:

Autolumination.com sells them for $10 each, you just have to build a polarity changer to make them change colors at the appropriate times.

:deal:
[video=youtube;OpDMdxJBRHA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpDMdxJBRHA[/video]

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Oh opps my bad :redface: I looked for them and didn't find them on eBay at least. That is usually where I look lol

Nov 18, 2011
06Envoy said:
Ok, got it. :thumbsup:

For the lows I used vvme.com for the first time. Box came in beatup all to hell, but they work ok so far.
H7 5000k 35w

For the highs I used Phillips H1 x-treme vision from powerbulbs in the UK.
H1 Phillips X-treme vision

thank you...:hail:

wait, the lows are an H7 bulb and the highs are an H1 bulb?

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
1. For those 6000k's does it require to have hid to use them
2. Do you have any pics of the Philips on either of your trucks without halos nor hid kit or are they hid required as well.
3. I prefer not getting hid

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ms SilverBullet said:
thank you...:hail:

wait, the lows are an H7 bulb and the highs are an H1 bulb?
Yes. :thumbsup:

TexazReece said:
1. For those 6000k's does it require to have hid to use them
2. Do you have any pics of the Philips on either of your trucks without halos nor hid kit or are they hid required as well.
3. I prefer not getting hid
If you don't mind waiting until the weekend, I think I can pull the relay on the HID's lows and then turn on her high beams to get pics of Phillips H1's.
I think that is what you are asking for?

EDIT: The phillips are not HID's, just a regular bulb filled with some funny gas. Silverstar will have the same funny gas by the middle of the year. Neither of them require any HID parts.
EDIT2: The funny gas gives the regular bulbs a whiter color than the regular gas normally used. The whiter color is not done by some coating, just a funny gas blend.
EDIT3: Funny gas blend link and quick definition;
LINK 1
LINK 2
X-Treme Vision use a halogen/xenon gas mix and a refined design of the filament. The xenon gas is a very efficient and produces a brighter, whiter light than when halogen gas alone is used. This means that the bulbs have a greater output of light on the road. The bulbs are all standard wattage, this means that they are completely safe to use with plastic lenses and they are fully road legal.
EDIT4: Darned If I can tell the difference. Might be marketing hype, Who knows.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I am happy to report that there is a small plastic nut on the outer side, between the mount points that adjusts the projector from side to side. I used this to move the driver side projector more outwards and it made my output 100% better. I have a very nice overlap of the cutoff, no dark spots and I am actually very surprised at the color these projectors give off with HID bulbs, it has some very nice green, blue, purple colors on the top side of the beam pattern.

I used my 9006 bulbs in the H7 socket, fit perfectly made a very nice seal. I did lop off the H7 connector and spliced the 9006 one in to run to my relay harness for the HID ballast. I am going to do the same for the H1, and order a set of H1 replacement bulbs. All HID's use the same 2 piece sockets, so the the bulbs are interchangeable across different ballasts.

I will get some pics in my mod thread so I can stop Hijacking this one.

Nov 18, 2011
blazinlow89 said:
I used my 9006 bulbs in the H7 socket, fit perfectly made a very nice seal. I did lop off the H7 connector and spliced the 9006 one in to run to my relay harness for the HID ballast.

really...:undecided:...thanks

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlyatauction

Members Online