Wifey's Halo Projector Headlamps

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ever since the last meet n greet in Ontario a month or so ago, my wife has been green with Envy.

Personally, I blame Harmless.

She fell in love with Harmless's Halo Projectors.
So who am I to argue with my wife? (The secret to staying married guys...)

I've actually had them on the kitchen table for a month or so, waiting for the HID kit to come in and the LED bulbs, etc.
And now that she is looking at buying a new Ford, I thought I had better get them installed soon! So....

Tada!!!! Here they are!
4875-100-0935.jpg

4876-100-0936.jpg

4877-100-0938.jpg

4878-100-0941.jpg

Not as menacing as the inspirational pic of Harmless though; (yes, I'm copying you!:raspberry:)
3299-100-0880.jpg

I dropped in new 35w 5000k HID's into the projectors, and some Phillips H1 something or other high's.

My 12yr old son loves them.
My 11yr old son says they make her truck look cross-eyed.
I really like em and have envy for my Envoy!
And I'm hoping that my wife likes em enough to keep the truck. But it's totally up to her. :thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
the night shots definetly do the halos justice... nice mod :thumbsup:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I like them!!:yes::thumbsup: I wish they had something like that for the envoy!! the Envoy users got nothing with headlights and tail lights! :frown:

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
Lookin Good, :thumbsup: Man each time I see halos it makes me want them more.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Can you get a pic about 25' from a wall so we can see the cutoff line. I have been looking into a set of these, vs doing a retrofit. These seem like a better option, especially based on price.

If you guys trade in the TB, and you pull the headlights out, let me know, I will give you some cash for them if the price is right:biggrin:

They do look freakin sweet though, so hmmm headlights of shocks/struts for lift :undecided:. you guys suck lol

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
smitty5150 said:
Very nice....these are a great alternative to doing the retrofit. I have, however, had to fix the cutoff on a coue sets of these.

How does one fix the cutoff.

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Thanks for the compliments.
If she picks the Ford and I part out the TB, I'll keep you guys posted.
BUT: When we went out for these night shots she was overheard saying, 'Damn, these look nice! Why do I want that ford again?'

Sorry about the blurriness... too cold to hang around with the required tripod for good night shots...
4896-100-0949.JPG

4897-100-0950.JPG

4899-100-0963.jpg

4898-100-0956.jpg

I see what you mean about fixing the cuttoff.... The right hand side is going up a bit... Please let us know how to fix that.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Mann that really makes a difference, TB looks good + nice shots :thumbsup: Do those Phillips H1 bulbs require hid kit? I wanna switch my bulbs to a nice blueish/white but don't want to do hid.

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
TexazReece said:
but don't want to do hid.

Why? HID perform better then halogens, they last longer, and the set up is less expensive then a set of Silverstars.

The lights look good, cutoff isnt terrible though

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Yeah the cut off is not perfect but not as bad also!! They make the HID's look soooo much brighter :cool:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Ok all of you guys suck. I just ordered a set LOL. Now I am officially done ordering crap until I am ready to do the lift. No one can post new pics of mods until I have more money. :biggrin:

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
TexazReece said:
Mann that really makes a difference, TB looks good + nice shots :thumbsup: Do those Phillips H1 bulbs require hid kit? I wanna switch my bulbs to a nice blueish/white but don't want to do hid.

The Phillips H1 bulbs are only for the high beam, and they are the traditional yellow.
I usually run Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's for high's, and I really wanted to try out the Sylvania Silverstar ZXE's, but they don't make them in that size bulb yet. Q2 2012 is the release date set.
So, I thought I'd try the Phillips X-treme Vision bulbs. I had to get them from the UK, they had the best pricing around.

To get it the color like in the pic you really do need 5000k HID's. I used to have 8000k years ago, but they were too blue, and didn't give out as much light as 5000k's.
If you really do want the blue color and want to stay with halogen, then HERE is the link for the blue Phillips bulbs.

Good Luck with your project!

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
TexazReece said:

blazinlow89 said:
Ok all of you guys suck. I just ordered a set LOL. Now I am officially done ordering crap until I am ready to do the lift. No one can post new pics of mods until I have more money. :biggrin:

Post up some night pics when you get yours installed. We can compare cutoff's...lol

As for the $$ problem. It's not a problem. The bank has all the $ you need....How you get it from them though is up to you! :raspberry:

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
06Envoy said:

Hehe, looks like her truck is raising it's eyebrow in dissaproval!!!... :rotfl::crazy:
When she comes home at night with the headlights on, it'll be all like 'Garnet!!!! What have you done now?????' 'Nothing honey!!!' :raspberry:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I would be fine with a cutoff like yours, I keep the driver side slightly lower than the passenger side anyways.

I have the money, I have more important things to save for first :biggrin:

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
That's looking good 06Envoy...
And yeah, I know what you mean when you say that it's Stef's fault... :raspberry:
That guy seems to be nothing but a bad influence to us fellow GMT owners... :rotfl:

It's just too bad that they don't make the halo headlights for the LT...
From what Stef tells me, I could simply switch out my grill with one from an LS / SS and it should fit with no issues... :undecided:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
SS yes, LS no. You and the SS have a teller grill which sits into the bumper and extra few inches. The LS is level all the way across. SS grill looks meaner anyways :raspberry:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
blazinlow89 said:
I would be fine with a cutoff like yours, I keep the driver side slightly lower than the passenger side anyways.

I have the money, I have more important things to save for first :biggrin:

Thats interesting because if anything most people make there driver side higher then the passenger side lol

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Ok, Ok... What am I gettting blamed for now?!?!

Oh. These. Ok. Wait for it...

IT GETS BETTER!!!

AND you're all gonna spend more money cause of me.

For all of you who whine that there are no products for your vehicles I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!

Advanced Automotive Concepts - CUSTOM APP FAQ

^^^ Send them your lights, and they will BUILD you a set of whatever it is you fancy.

RE: Cutoff - they're designed like that and aimed that way on purpose. It's to keep the beams from blinding the oncoming drivers. A simple adjustment upwards lights up a little more of the road - but not too much... Getting blinded by HIDs sucks ass. The passenger beam is always pointed a little furthur up the road so you can see debris, animals and people on the side.

Wait till you see my next headlight mod... you think harmless looks pissed now. Just you wait. :biggrin:

Oh, Garnet, keep your receipts... Like I told you, them LED signal lights in those SUCK ass, don't be suprised if they start failing by this summer.

BTW, the use of Xenon bulbs in these units makes them look like HIDs. Xenon is much whiter and brighter than any of the Halogen powered bulbs...

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
I just prefer not to get hid but just want a brighter bulb. There was someone on here that said than run Philips crystal vision h13 9008 bulbs and said there just like having hids but can't find anything on what the bulbs look like when on. I purchased some halo headlights for my wifes grand prix and I will get those hid as soon as they come in :thumbsup:

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
harmless said:

My wallet is crying already :sadcry:

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
kardain said:
My wallet is crying already :sadcry:

hehe, ya me too.
I wonder what they can do with the Envoy's headlamps? :undecided:

YOUNG

Dec 4, 2011
TexazReece said:
I just prefer not to get hid but just want a brighter bulb. There was someone on here that said than run Philips crystal vision h13 9008 bulbs and said there just like having hids but can't find anything on what the bulbs look like when on. I purchased some halo headlights for my wifes grand prix and I will get those hid as soon as they come in :thumbsup:

ive got hoens and they look just like 5k- 6k HIDs but are true halogen. the hoens are pricey tho.

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
YOUNG said:
ive got hoens and they look just like 5k- 6k HIDs but are true halogen. the hoens are pricey tho.

Huh, I had to go google Hoens. The HID kits are pricey and they are not availale for purchase right now....
Hoen high performance halogen

I'd be curious to see them in real life...
Anyone in Ontario wanna try them out for me to see?

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
I like the idea of the Hoens, especially as high beams to match the HID lows, but all the Hoens I see are over-wattage, which just seems like burned connectors waiting to happen. The titaniums are 70W, and the xenonmatch plus are 80W

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
YOUNG said:
I do realize this, where could i get better connectors to handle the higher watts?

You can get heavy duty plugs on ebay, sometimes even locally at Autozone, O'Reilly, whatever you have. I would still have some concerns with the wiring inside the headlights due to the design of our headlights where the plug is on the entire headlight housing and then fairly small wires run to the bulbs inside the housing. No fix for that unless you are ready to cut the housing open and replace wires inside, but that's far from easy

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Fixing the cutoff?? There is a how to on Trailvoy. But it involves opening the lights, dismantling the projectors, and modifying the cutoff.

harmless said:
Ok, Ok... What am I gettting blamed for now?!?!

Oh. These. Ok. Wait for it...

IT GETS BETTER!!!

For all of you who whine that there are no products for your vehicles I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!

Advanced Automotive Concepts - CUSTOM APP FAQ

^^^ Send them your lights, and they will BUILD you a set of whatever it is you fancy.

RE: Cutoff - they're designed like that and aimed that way on purpose. It's to keep the beams from blinding the oncoming drivers. A simple adjustment upwards lights up a little more of the road - but not too much... Getting blinded by HIDs sucks ass. The passenger beam is always pointed a little furthur up the road so you can see debris, animals and people on the side.

Wait till you see my next headlight mod... you think harmless looks pissed now. Just you wait. :biggrin:

Oh, Garnet, keep your receipts... Like I told you, them LED signal lights in those SUCK ass, don't be suprised if they start failing by this summer.

BTW, the use of Xenon bulbs in these units makes them look like HIDs. Xenon is much whiter and brighter than any of the Halogen powered bulbs...

You know, I am doing projector retrofits now....Once I get some more capitol, I will be able to compete with operations like that.

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
blazinlow89 said:
I installed them today, however they leave alot to be desired. Maybe I need to adjust the driver side or something. Any ides Harmless.View attachment 5045
Hey. I feel better about the raised eyebrow look on the passenger side now. Looks like you have the same thing. For some reason it must be factory from them.
As for your drivers side being wonky, maybe the bulb got knocked loose in shipping and is not sitting flush into the socket, thus jutting off at an angle and not being in the proper position. :confused:

smitty5150 said:
Fixing the cutoff?? There is a how to on Trailvoy. But it involves opening the lights, dismantling the projectors, and modifying the cutoff. You know, I am doing projector retrofits now....Once I get some more capitol, I will be able to compete with operations like that.
Thanks for the quick set of instructions. You gave me an idea of how much work is involved. But I think that after seeing blazinlow89's that I'm not going to worry about it. :thumbsup:

A new development has been occuring. Something may be wrong with my setup. My wife has been reporting that she is getting lots of complaints about her low beams. People are flashing her, even after she shows her highs. People are honking at her, etc.
I thought the point of the cutoff was to not annoy people. That's why it's there?
The only thing that I can think of is the use of 35w 5000k HID's? But I's been using them in every vehicle I drive for years with no problems.
Maybe it's the HID's inside the projector housing????

Anyone else have this problem?

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
06Envoy said:
A new development has been occuring. Something may be wrong with my setup. My wife has been reporting that she is getting lots of complaints about her low beams. People are flashing her, even after she shows her highs. People are honking at her, etc.
I thought the point of the cutoff was to not annoy people. That's why it's there?
The only thing that I can think of is the use of 35w 5000k HID's? But I's been using them in every vehicle I drive for years with no problems.

Perhaps they're just aimed too high? The cutoff may be fine, but if they are too high it would still blind people. My suggestion is get in a car at night and go past her and see how they look. If they are blinding you way down the road they might just be up a little.

And yes, the raised eyebrow look as you called it is on purpose, That's to light the side of the road, where blinding people shouldn't be a problem

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
06Envoy said:
Hey. I feel better about the raised eyebrow look on the passenger side now. Looks like you have the same thing. For some reason it must be factory from them.
As for your drivers side being wonky, maybe the bulb got knocked loose in shipping and is not sitting flush into the socket, thus jutting off at an angle and not being in the proper position. :confused:

SBUBandit said:
Perhaps they're just aimed too high? The cutoff may be fine, but if they are too high it would still blind people. My suggestion is get in a car at night and go past her and see how they look. If they are blinding you way down the road they might just be up a little.

And yes, the raised eyebrow look as you called it is on purpose, That's to light the side of the road, where blinding people shouldn't be a problem

I spoke about that earlier...

harmless said:

The brighter light is also an issue, but just lower the beam a little on the DRIVER'S side, those pesky flashing peeps will mostly all go away (you'll still get the odd flashing retard cause you can't please everyone).

06Envoy said:
Thanks for the quick set of instructions. You gave me an idea of how much work is involved. But I think that after seeing blazinlow89's that I'm not going to worry about it. :thumbsup:

If you stick around to document my next project, you'll get to see in person what all that work REALLY looks like! :crazy:

smitty5150 said:
Fixing the cutoff?? There is a how to on Trailvoy. But it involves opening the lights, dismantling the projectors, and modifying the cutoff.

You know, I am doing projector retrofits now....Once I get some more capitol, I will be able to compete with operations like that.

Sounds like fun! But I want my lights NOW. :raspberry:

Nov 18, 2011
thanks..:thumbsup:, those are 6000k.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlyatauction

Members Online