Wife's Xterra audio system

06_GATOR_VOY

Original poster
May 22, 2013
Sir ffeJ said:
Ooo la la. Sexy

Nice work bud.
Thanks. Im hoping to hear it before it comes out to determine if ported is the route for this thing. Also have to do some small work to the floor piece before paint. Its coming along lol

06_GATOR_VOY

Original poster
May 22, 2013
ok so decided 6" just gotta find the placement. will be 9" long. final box volume is alittle bigger than expected around 5.4 cubes. i know huge.
i decided not to test it sealed and just move foward. im going to mess with the floor piece some triyng to get it to line up alittle better by using sum filler on the side and shaping it. once i get that to liking, pull the box out and prep for paint :smile:

06_GATOR_VOY

Original poster
May 22, 2013
IMG_20140717_193255_zpsfb098db9.jpg

Reactions: dmanns67

Sir ffeJ

Dec 1, 2011
That there sir is one sweet looking box. :thumb:
What colour you going for?

06_GATOR_VOY

Original poster
May 22, 2013
Sir ffeJ said:
That there sir is one sweet looking box. :thumb:
What colour you going for?
Thanks... im going for the factory solar yellow n jet black. Thar coat of primer was my guide coat to help me see areas that needed attention. Im in the middle of sanding down the box once again before paint goes on. Im starting with 80 grit n working my way to 320 before I paint.

06_GATOR_VOY

Original poster
May 22, 2013
sorry forgot to update this thing...... not much changed but me deciding after I get into the new home that I will probably repaint this this... not happy with the turn out. still need to wetsand and buff it.

anyways I got it painted and the ports in.......

06_GATOR_VOY

Original poster
May 22, 2013
Sir ffeJ said:
Well there you are. It does look nice with it being painted. Have you hooked it up and listen to it yet?
No not yet. I need to still wetsand n buff it before i install. Im hoping this weekend to get it hooked up to hear it but the complete audio install (door speakers, new wiring kit, and 4 ch amp) wont happen just yet. Need to order a few parts for that to happen

Sir ffeJ

Dec 1, 2011
:drool
Man does that ever put it in perspective when it's in the truck. Great work man.

06_GATOR_VOY

Original poster
May 22, 2013
Sir ffeJ said:
:drool
Man does that ever put it in perspective when it's in the truck. Great work man.
Lol yeah it takes up some room now i just have to see how it sounds

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online