• Ebay spiders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non-spider LED's (post link)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Short Bus

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
Like the title says, which spider LED's should I get?

Option 1: ebay $43.99

[EBAY]190472615418[/EBAY]

+ - ? LED's on the back to light up the reflector and center LED (I'm not sure if this is a + or -)
- got to wait for them to come from Hong Kong
- a little more money (not much, but every penny counts)

Option 2: DFWWIZ $40.00

Wix.com LEDS created by dfwizleds based on auto-repair-express | Wix.com

+ - ? No LED's on the back to light up the reflector and center LED (I'm not sure if this is a + or -)
+ Shipped from the U.S.
+ Vendor on the Nation :smile:
+ a little less money (not much, but every penny counts)

BTW I have these tails with non-SRCK quad brake/tail/turns

0710121837.jpg

0710121716a.jpg

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I personally wouldn't get those leds for the tailights. I mean when you brake all they will see is red not the star look like they should or am I wrong?

I personally just say go save a few bucks and get regular ones

Short Bus

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
I personally wouldn't get those leds for the tailights. I mean when you brake all they will see is red not the star look like they should or am I wrong?

I personally just say go save a few bucks and get regular ones

I've seen spiders in a stock tail at the Mid-west meet (I forget who had them :banghead:smile:, but yes you can see the "star" when they're lit up.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
DFWIZ. Seems the vast majority of LED bulbs on ebay are of questionable quality.

Short Bus

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
Sparky said:
DFWIZ. Seems the vast majority of LED bulbs on ebay are of questionable quality.

I can't say that I agree here, for the most part I've had good luck with LED's from ebay/China

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Short Bus said:
I've seen spiders in a stock tail at the Mid-west meet (I forget who had them :banghead:smile:, but yes you can see the "star" when they're lit up.

oh okay well then yeah I say ebay, I had one bad set of leds long time ago but it was my fault for getting really cheap ones from a china seller and they were awful quality. I didn't know what to look for bad then. If you get the right ones ull be fine :thumbsup:

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
I'd go with the DFWiz ones for a couple reasons:

1. Price - they are a bit cheaper & every penny counts
2. If you have an issue with them, you can actually talk to him about it and I'm sure he'll fix it - depending on the issue of course​

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Although I've always believed Autolumination.com has good products, I would not recommend their spider LEDs. I'm sure you remember the reverse LEDs in the 'Hoe. I wonder how that bulb would work in your tails. :undecided: (in red LED, not white)

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
CdnGMan said:
I'd go with the DFWiz ones for a couple reasons:

1. Price - they are a bit cheaper & every penny counts​

It actually comes out to $45.95 with shipping for 2 sets so in the end ebay comes out to be cheaper loll

CdnGMan said:
2. If you have an issue with them, you can actually talk to him about it and I'm sure he'll fix it - depending on the issue of course

I have never had an issue with not able to get what I need from eBay, if I have a problem or a light comes not working they send me a new one right away and I do not even have to ship back the bad one. I never had a seller give me a hard time, sellers on there are all about feedback and getting people to give a positive 5 star. They do what they can so you give them that

I do have to say the down fault is that this bid is from hong kong which can take sometime to get vs the other site. You can find ones from the usa on ebay but those will be a bit more but will arrive much quicker.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I'd go with DFWWIZ to support a member here and get a known good quality part.

munkae

Apr 17, 2012
go for the dfwiz ones. as stated before support a local member and know your getting a great product. are you looking at the spider leds for a specific reason? do you like the star look or are you going for light output. if light output is your goal i stand by the new cree leds that he carries. they are retarded bright:thumbsup:

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
munkae said:
go for the dfwiz ones. as stated before support a local member and know your getting a great product. are you looking at the spider leds for a specific reason? do you like the star look or are you going for light output. if light output is your goal i stand by the new cree leds that he carries. they are retarded bright:thumbsup:

:hijack: How bright are the cree reverse lights? Do they light up a big area?

munkae

Apr 17, 2012
Wooluf1952 said:
:hijack: How bright are the cree reverse lights? Do they light up a big area?

The Cree reverse lights are amazing. They are brighter than my stock ones and do a great job at lighting up what's behind me. And they look amazing when you hit unlock at night. Really gives it a modern luxury look I'll get some night pics later on

Short Bus

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
munkae said:

I want the spiders because I like the star look :yes:

I have these now, and they are JUNK. They have some dead LED's, but I didn't expect much from these, just something to got me by and test the modded boards.

[EBAY]320866380327[/EBAY]

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Short Bus said:
I want the spiders because I like the star look :yes:

I have these now, and they are JUNK. They have some dead LED's, but I didn't expect much from these, just something to got me by and test the modded boards.

[EBAY]320866380327[/EBAY]

I have the ebay spiders in my Reverse lights. Clear obviously, but they are the same 41 LED bulbs shown in that auction. They are crappy quality. Nice and bright, but the wires and solder points have a tendency to break where the arms fold in. I had one DOA and one I had to return a week after install. The current two have been working for a couple months. I'd recommend DFWWIZ, mainly because you can contact him more easily if you have an issue.

Short Bus

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
SBUBandit said:
I have the ebay spiders in my Reverse lights. Clear obviously, but they are the same 41 LED bulbs shown in that auction. They are crappy quality. Nice and bright, but the wires and solder points have a tendency to break where the arms fold in. I had one DOA and one I had to return a week after install. The current two have been working for a couple months. I'd recommend DFWWIZ, mainly because you can contact him more easily if you have an issue.

Now that scares the :lipsrsealed: out of me, I ordered the ebay light last night

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
Off topic, I still wish these didn't get discontinued.... They fill out the tails on my Sunfire so very nicely.

1000349t.jpg

1000350g.jpg

V-leds carried them once upon a time (these pics are from 07 or 08) and discontinued shortly after I bought the set above. The only issue is the arms are a pita to fold as the springs are a bit stiff.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Short Bus said:
Now that scares the :lipsrsealed: out of me, I ordered the ebay light last night

Hopefully you'll have decent luck. I would just recommend not folding them any more than you have to, so you don't wear those solder points and wires. I had to talk the seller of mine into sending me replacements free and they finally agreed. At first they wanted me to mail them back....to China. The shipping alone would have been more than I paid for the bulbs. Guess all you can do is cross your fingers and hope for the best. Good news is I've driven mine down washboarded dirt roads and once i got a pair that worked, the normal vibration of the truck hasn't seemed to affect them at all. All my problems were related to folding/unfolding

Kuchar09

Dec 4, 2011
Short Bus said:

That was me.
I would stay away ebay ones, thats what I had and I had to actually rewire them since I was blowing fuses and one bulb even started to melt but I was able to salvage it. One of the smds even stopped working after a day but after re-soldering a few solder points I was able to fix it.
Soo if u want the spiders I'd say definitely go with DFWWIZ.
Just my opinion even tho I think they look sweet :raspberry:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Those do look really cool!! Does anyone have them in an envoy?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Problem with the Envoy is it has the "old style" lenses that aren't transparent red. The frosted/prism style lenses take away from the appearance of LEDs :no: I have the same issue on my Camaro.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Sparky said:
Problem with the Envoy is it has the "old style" lenses that aren't transparent red. The frosted/prism style lenses take away from the appearance of LEDs :no: I have the same issue on my Camaro.

Yeah I figured it wouldn't work out so well with the voy :frown:

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Yeah I figured it wouldn't work out so well with the voy :frown:

It's not that they don't work well, it's the diffusion properties of the lens. My Sunfire and Cavalier have the same type of lens and you can tell an led bulb is back there. Sure you lose the visual appearance like the picture above, but it works all the same.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
kardain said:
It's not that they don't work well, it's the diffusion properties of the lens. My Sunfire and Cavalier have the same type of lens and you can tell an led bulb is back there. Sure you lose the visual appearance like the picture above, but it works all the same.

well how do LEDs work when it comes to running lights and brake lights? Because I know with the regular bulbs the running lights are the smaller filament and the brake is the top brighter one. How do LED's work with that? will like just half light up with running and the rest light up when braking or will they be dim when running and get to as bright as they can when braking? I have thought about leds for brake lights but never really done anything for them because never knew how they worked in that concept exactly.

sorry for the :hijack:

Short Bus

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
well how do LEDs work when it comes to running lights and brake lights? Because I know with the regular bulbs the running lights are the smaller filament and the brake is the top brighter one. How do LED's work with that? will like just half light up with running and the rest light up when braking or will they be dim when running and get to as bright as they can when braking? I have thought about leds for brake lights but never really done anything for them because never knew how they worked in that concept exactly.

sorry for the :hijack:

They all light, but they have a bright and dim mode. Also keep in mind you'll need SRCK bulbs or mod your boards for standard LED's.

Kuchar09 said:
That was me.
I would stay away ebay ones, thats what I had and I had to actually rewire them since I was blowing fuses and one bulb even started to melt but I was able to salvage it. One of the smds even stopped working after a day but after re-soldering a few solder points I was able to fix it.
Soo if u want the spiders I'd say definitely go with DFWWIZ.
Just my opinion even tho I think they look sweet :raspberry:

I thought it was you. What was the problem with blowing fuses? SRCK wiring? My truck is set up for non-SRCK wiring now.

Kuchar09

Dec 4, 2011
Short Bus said:
They all light, but they have a bright and dim mode. Also keep in mind you'll need SRCK bulbs or mod your boards for standard LED's.

I thought it was you. What was the problem with blowing fuses? SRCK wiring? My truck is set up for non-SRCK wiring now.

I never really payed much attention to the whole SRCK thing bu tI think it was that... basically I just criss crossed 2 wires. Probably should have converted to the non-SRCK wiring while I was setting my boards for dual turn, brake and running lights, but I didn't have all the info on that stuff when I did them like there is now.

Short Bus

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
Kuchar09 said:
I never really payed much attention to the whole SRCK thing bu tI think it was that... basically I just criss crossed 2 wires. Probably should have converted to the non-SRCK wiring while I was setting my boards for dual turn, brake and running lights, but I didn't have all the info on that stuff when I did them like there is now.

OK, the symptoms you describe are what happen when you put non-SRCK bulbs in the stock brake/tail socket. I leaned this the hard way with a lot of :hissyfit:

Short Bus

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
I got them today :wootwoot:

New vs. old LED's

Left = new, Right = old

0730121805.jpg

old (yes they're on :redface:)

0730121805b.jpg

new

0730121805a.jpg

0730122033.jpg

Night (or close to it) shot. Yes you can see the "star", but my phone wouldn't pick it up.

0730122133.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmaxdob

Members Online