Wheel spacers/mounting question

DenaliHD66

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I am interested in the MarkMC wheel spacers. I want to run stock 17" rims, so do I need the 6x5.5 inch adapters or the 6x5.0?

Also, when mounting these, should I use the existing lugs on their respective bolts? So when I put the wheel spacers on, should I use the lugs that I was using to hold my wheels on, since they would be going on the same bolts, and then use the new lugs with the spacers to hold the wheel on the spacer? Probably not a big deal either way but just maybe seems like if you keep the lugs on their original bolt it might be better.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
DenaliHD66 said:
I am interested in the MarkMC wheel spacers. I want to run stock 17" rims, so do I need the 6x5.5 inch adapters or the 6x5.0?

Also, when mounting these, should I use the existing lugs on their respective bolts? So when I put the wheel spacers on, should I use the lugs that I was using to hold my wheels on, since they would be going on the same bolts, and then use the new lugs with the spacers to hold the wheel on the spacer? Probably not a big deal either way but just maybe seems like if you keep the lugs on their original bolt it might be better.

You want 6x5.0 spacers. The 6x5.5 are adaptors to the half ton pattern.

They come with the centering lugs that go on the existing studs and then you use the lug nuts you have on the new spacer studs to mount the wheels.

You DO NOT want to re-use your existing lugs to hold the spacer on. The lugs sent with the spacers are tapered for the spacer.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
DenaliHD66 said:
Oh cool thanks, didn't know they came with 2 sets of lugs.

They don't. They only come with one set of lug nuts. The set that they come with are especially designed to attach the spacers to the existing lugs only! Use your current lug nuts to then attach the wheel to the spacer.

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011
The set I just got came with a new set for spacer to hub. And a new set for rim to spacer, so I have my stock lugs as spares.

Opeth

Mar 25, 2012
Umm... You might wanna check with mark before hand on the studs. This could be irrelevant since I got the 6x5.5 spacers but, The new spacers are 14x1.5 ( Chevy truck stud) and factory are 12x1.5. Mine came with both sets of lugs to work with the adapters.

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011
Opeth said:
Umm... You might wanna check with mark before hand on the studs. This could be irrelevant since I got the 6x5.5 spacers but, The new spacers are 14x1.5 ( Chevy truck stud) and factory are 12x1.5. Mine came with both sets of lugs to work with the adapters.

Well I was joking about spares, I can't think of a time I have ever needed spares LoL. But in all seriousness when you buy something from Mark you almost never need anything else. He sends you what you need for his spacers/adaptors to work without you needing anything else.

DenaliHD66

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Aye I trust he will send me what I need, just trying to figure out whether I do get 2 sets of lugs/nuts to use and then store the ones I'm using now away? Ok so I know the spacers come with lugs, and those lugs fit to hold the spacer to the hub. Then the existing set of lugs hold the wheel to the spacer, since that's how they are shaped. I see nothing about them being mentioned with coming with 2 sets of lugs...

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011
IDK unless Mike has changed the way he does things you will not be using the lugs the came with your truck from the factory.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
TangoBravo said:
Well I was joking about spares, I can't think of a time I have ever needed spares LoL.
Ummmm, I've had two broken studs (from idiot tire store overtorquing that I didn't see them commit), and the lug nuts departed the truck later along with the broken stub. I carry BOTH spare nuts AND studs. Cheap insurance. Easy to install.

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011
the roadie said:
Ummmm, I've had two broken studs (from idiot tire store overtorquing that I didn't see them commit), and the lug nuts departed the truck later along with the broken stub. I carry BOTH spare nuts AND studs. Cheap insurance. Easy to install.

Yeah and now that I have said I have never needed them I will, that's usually how it goes. I do have the left over lugs and two studs as spares, just because I never needed them does not mean I don't carry them that's for sure.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Opeth said:

TangoBravo said:
IDK unless Mike has changed the way he does things you will not be using the lugs the came with your truck from the factory.

The adapters are different studs but spacers are not.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
the roadie said:

That's why no one but me puts my wheels or adaptors on.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online