What's this hose? (Long Wheel Base)

Blckshdw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Last weekend, while helping a buddy change spark plugs on his mom's EXT, I noticed this small hose was broken. It connects to the intake manifold, runs back along the coil packs, then heads over to the passenger side somewhere. Couldn't quite see what it connects to, but there's a junction so it looks like the broken section can be disconnected and removed. Any idea what this is, so I can help him find a replacement?

20131201_143856_zpsb58f9005.jpg

20131201_143921_zps0258e1f6.jpg

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I thought that port had something to do with the rear air in the EXT. However don't quote me on that.

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
That's the heater water valve vacuum hose. It is connected to a valve on the firewall which opens and closes to allow coolant to flow to the rear heater core in EXT/XL vehicles. That port is either missing or blocked off at the intake manifold for SWB vehicles. If the valve wasn't there the engine would take longer to heat up due to the extra plumping going back to the rear.

The part is about $10 at the dealer. There are 2 parts to the hose (1 & 2 in diagram). So test the entire length.

View attachment 31512

Attachments

• hoses-pipes-heater-front-ts0810605.jpg
    hoses-pipes-heater-front-ts0810605.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 74

Iahawkeye

Jan 24, 2012
CaptainXL said:
That's the heater water valve vacuum hose. It is connected to a valve on the firewall which opens and closes to allow coolant to flow to the rear heater core in EXT/XL vehicles. That port is either missing or blocked off at the intake manifold for SWB vehicles. If the valve wasn't there the engine would take longer to heat up due to the extra plumping going back to the rear.

The part is about $10 at the dealer. There are 2 parts to the hose (1 & 2 in diagram). So test the entire length.

View attachment 18563

Not to change the subject too much, but what is part # 23? I think it is a valve to help control rear heat. Mine seems to leak a little coolant sporadically but only when it is really cold. Should this be one of those AC Delco parts(like many other parts on these gmt) or will any work just fine. Thanks.

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
The complete assembly is probably just ACDelco. I don't think another manufacturer makes them. You can search Dorman's website and try to cross-reference.

The GM part number is 15772294. Dealer price is about $100

Cheapest complete assembly I found was on Amazon.com. $48 + Free Shipping

Ebay is showing a $20+$10 ship part which may be compatible if the assembly can come apart.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOUR-SEASON...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3387c077a4&vxp=mtr

Amazon.com: ACDelco 15-5886 Heater Valve Assembly: Automotive

If it was me, I would get the complete assembly from Amazon because the solenoid on it could go out anytime. Also the complete assembly is only $18 more if you add shipping to that ebay valve. Just not worth the effort for me.

ACDelco complete assembly $48
View attachment 31513

Valve only on eBay $30

View attachment 31514

Attachments

• 31U4Vb0OVwL.jpg
    31U4Vb0OVwL.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 114
  • $_35.JPG
    $_35.JPG
    9.2 KB · Views: 111

Blckshdw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
CaptainXL said:

:thankyou: for that. His #2 hose is completely separated at the #2 label, and cracked halfway through just before that connection to hose #1

kjkim93

Jan 1, 2012
Trying to find the part number for hose or part number 2. Which is extremely hard!
found a new 90 degree connector and the other end connector as well. But Im seriously having trouble to find the correct size hose i would need! Help?

aureonina

Apr 13, 2023
Arizona
Last weekend, while helping a buddy change spark plugs on his mom's EXT, I noticed this small hose was broken. It connects to the intake manifold, runs back along the coil packs, then heads over to the passenger side somewhere. Couldn't quite see what it connects to, but there's a junction so it looks like the broken section can be disconnected and removed. Any idea what this is, so I can help him find a replacement?

20131201_143856_zpsb58f9005.jpg

20131201_143921_zps0258e1f6.jpg
Did you ever find out how to get this hose?? I have been searching for about a year

Blckshdw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Did you ever find out how to get this hose?? I have been searching for about a year
I don't think I ever followed up on this, since it wasn't his truck. Pretty sure you can't find these anymore, so you may have to get some tubing, and use some hose clamps to secure it in place.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online