What shall I do to my 02 TB LS?

SnowBlazer

Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Hello! I'm new to the forums and got an 02 Trailblazer LS about a month ago and want to add some modifications to it. I have first started by adding a Wolo Bad Boy Horn in a parallel circuit with my stock horns. It is decently loud but almost matches the tones of the stock horns. Anyways, anyone here have some suggestions for me?
Thanks!

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
Welcome, sir.

Resonator delete. Body moulding delete. Roofrack delete. LED's all around, inside and out. Lift it. Bigger wheels and tires.

Turbocharge it. :wink:

You're at the right place for help with ideas and discussions about mods. :smile:

SnowBlazer

Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
RayGumm said:
Welcome, sir.

Resonator delete. Body moulding delete. Roofrack delete. LED's all around, inside and out. Lift it. Bigger wheels and tires.

Turbocharge it. :wink:

You're at the right place for help with ideas and discussions about mods. :smile:
Thanks for warm welcome. I'm thinking of adding a brush guard or something...not sure yet though. Definitely don't want it tuning out to be a compensator though... :rotfl:

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
r1894 said:
Thanks for warm welcome. I'm thinking of adding a brush guard or something...not sure yet though. Definitely don't want it tuning out to be a compensator though... :rotfl:

Brush guards are sexy. Rock sliders too. Or a PCM tune, There is tons of stuff to do with it.

But some sage advice - do all the maintenance first! Differential (front and rear) fluids, transfer case fluid, transmission fluid, coolant, spark plugs, throttle body cleaning, all of it. Especially if you have no idea what previous owners did to it. This can save you tons of money repairing things later.

Reactions: Mounce and dmanns67

JamesL3

Oct 16, 2013
Northfield, OH
RayGumm said:
But some sage advice - do all the maintenance first! Differential (front and rear) fluids, transfer case fluid, transmission fluid, coolant, spark plugs, throttle body cleaning, all of it. Especially if you have no idea what previous owners did to it. This can save you tons of money repairing things later.
Good advice there ^

Reactions: Mounce

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
What they said. If over 100K, every single fluid and the spark plugs. And take notice the transfer case fluid change is required RELIGIOUSLY every 50K, not 100K like the other out-of-sight fluids.

What's your mileage?

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Suspension is the most noticeable mod u can do on a vehicle when lifting or lowering. That was one of my 1st and favorite mods.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Depends on what u want. Lower or lift. Liftmiester for lift and tony (aka Norcal ss) to lower. They are members here. You can buy the kits and have a dependable shop install the suspension. As I had another members help me do mine. Ive done it enough that I can do my own suspension work now.

If you wanna lift offroadtb.com. If you wanna lower... look on tbssowners.com in the store or contact norcalss

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
uploadfromtaptalk1402436433094.jpg heres a pic of my awd tbss slammed with belltech goodies and custom lowering springs in the rear that tony sells.

And yes...pcmofnc.com for your engine needs. A tune really wakes up the engine as u get rid of torque management. They are a proven vendor on all vehicles. Ive never dealt with them before as I had a tuner street tune mine with hptuners. Same tuning program they use.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
jrSS said:
attachicon.gif
uploadfromtaptalk1402436433094.jpg heres a pic of my awd tbss slammed with belltech goodies and custom lowering springs in the rear that tony sells.

And yes...pcmofnc.com for your engine needs. A tune really wakes up the engine as u get rid of torque management. They are a proven vendor on all vehicles. Ive never dealt with them before as I had a tuner street tune mine with hptuners. Same tuning program they use.

Mine is lower than yours!!! :wink:

J/k

uploadfromtaptalk1402436787667.jpg

I used hp tuner as well.

Reactions: dmanns67

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Mines done correctly with upper a arms. Whats ur ground to fenderlip measurement. And dont lie.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Mine from ground to fenderlip is 30.5 on all 4 corners with stock 20's and 255 50 20 stock size tires.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Front u need to measure in the center of wheel. But looks to me like I am lower. Ill take my measurement s tomorrow when I get off work.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
BlazingTrails said:
That is the driver side, my right hip was against the driver door in my garage. It was in the middle just a weird angle. And yes I do have modified upper a arms. :smile:
my bad. I thought u weren't using a arms. Shweet

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Not saying u hacked your truck. I could've swore u didn't have them from reading of another thread. Sorry to the o.p. lets get back on topic.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
Haha I know the one your talking about. I told that dude he could go 2" without a arms. But I lowered mine 3". I went 2 but wanted more, so I dropped it another inch and modified my control arms. I am a certified welder after all.....

To the o.p. Google trailblazer pics and see what you like. That's what I do. I would say shave the rear handle on the glass, and get the rear wiper arm from 07-09

02TrailBlazer

Jan 22, 2013
r1894 said:
Being in Colorado, I'm probably going to go with lift. Doesn't look like offroadtb has any for sale or maybe i'm just missing it?
He meant OffroadTB for learning/researching lifting your truck and going to The LIftMeister for getting the lift kit.

Reactions: jrSS

02TrailBlazer

Jan 22, 2013
For lift specifically you should browse around on OffroadTB, looking at the build threads is also a great way to learn what's involved with achieving a specific look and capability for your truck: http://forums.offroadtb.com/viewforum.php?f=25. I think someone mentioned it on this thread earlier that it is vital to make sure your maintenance is up to date before doing too much to it.

Marks 3" or old style lift
Marks spacers
Possible z71 or equivalent rear springs
Bds rear shocks
Bilstein HD's up front
Your choice of bigger tire.
These are the basics of a complete lift that also rides amazingly well.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramblinjon

Members Online