Website slow this morning.

CaptainXL

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Just noting that the website was slow to respond this morning between 1:00AM and 1:58AM. Noticed multiple delays when trying to enter website and when replying to posts. Some delays were upwards of 30 seconds.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Reported and discussed before. The issue is automatic server backups being performed in the middle of the night on other, larger sites sharing the same server as us. Jman is aware of the issue and I think he's working with the host to migrate somebody to different hardware, either us or them.

Sorry for the issue. We're not rich enough to have our own colo dedicated rack(s) like Vertical Scope. :frown:

Upvote 0

CaptainXL

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
the roadie said:
Reported and discussed before. The issue is automatic server backups being performed in the middle of the night on other, larger sites sharing the same server as us. Jman is aware of the issue and I think he's working with the host to migrate somebody to different hardware, either us or them.

Sorry for the issue. We're not rich enough to have our own colo dedicated rack(s) like Vertical Scope. :frown:

I hope Jman isn't paying too much for that level of service. I would be gone in an instant.

Upvote 0

CaptainXL

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Website came to a screeching halt many times this morning. Happening right now.

Admins please keep us in the know about how this ongoing issue is being resolved.

Upvote 0

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Jimmy upgraded the server three weeks ago, and asked me to monitor it on my end. I haven't been using a desktop for access much lately, and I haven't seen an issue on Tapatalk. But if you still are seeing slowdowns, let's see if he can see anything in the logs. What time and timezone were you having problems this morning?

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
I think this was an isolated issue on GMTNation this morning. The overnight issues should be resolved now, this was an unrelated, very rare problem that occurred at that time of the morning.

Upvote 0

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
At least once a day I get kicked off the site, not sure what's up but I cant tell you how many times Ive tried replying to a post and had the site go offline. Frustrating to say the least. :frown:

Upvote 0

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I rarely have a problem :confused:

Upvote 0

CaptainXL

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Sparky said:
I rarely have a problem :confused:

Cruise around this forum between 7AM and 9AM and you will see what's going on. The website just comes to a halt. It's as if a backup is going on and not enough resources to keep the front page up.

Upvote 0

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Glad you guys are fine, there have been multiple days (more often than not in the last few months) that Ill log on, click new posts, open 4-6 threads, and by the time I get to the middle ones I cant reply because I get a timeout error/site not found. Doesnt matter if Im on my work laptop at work or my home laptop at home, cant do anything. I thought it was my home internet, but apparently not. If Im having issues connecting from Microsoft's network, there's an issue.

Took me 2.5hrs to reply to a PM today, wrote it 3 times and the site timed out the first 2 times. Got so frustrated I left for another hour and it finally worked.

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chriswilson5585

Members Online