Wanted: North Face Edition Roof Rack Lenses Coveres for SWB TB

Bscfrank914

Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
Hello all,
I am in need of lenses covers for my Chevrolet Trailblazer North Face edition roof rack for the SWB TB. Im not too sure if there is a difference in the lenses covers for the EXT and SWB. But I am in need and cant mount my rack until I get them.
Thanks,
Frank

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Those seem to be pretty rare. I've seen people search for them before with no luck. A few minutes of searching myself and I found nothing close.

Reactions: Capote

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
I had to google to figure out what exactly you were looking for. I will keep you in mind while im at the local pull-a-part pulling parts for my brother's taurus this weekend. Will pick them up and ship them to ya if i run across a pair in decent shape.

What your looking for....right?
DSC01437-vi.jpg

Reactions: Mounce

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
The SWB lenses are considerably smaller than the LWB ones. They stopped being made back in 2005 I thought I read on the OS. Good luck.

Bscfrank914

Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
DaLastDON, Yes sir. That is what im looking for. I am however looking for the SWB not the EXT Lenses. Thank you sir.

Bscfrank914

Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
I FOUND A PAIR! But they cost more than what I paid for the whole roof rack. Is $180.00 for the pair too much?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Bscfrank914 said:
I FOUND A PAIR! But they cost more than what I paid for the whole roof rack. Is $180.00 for the pair too much?
That is a question only you can answer.

Like I said, they didn't make many of these, they were only available on 2 model years I believe, and they stopped producing replacement parts forever ago. About 5 years ago, I attempted to make clear versions on my own, didn't go too well. :frown:

Reactions: djthumper

Bscfrank914

Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
I mean if you found a way to make the clear id be all over that! I have to email the place to see if they fit the SWB model. Do you know which is the part number for the SWB ones? Is it 12335859 ?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I don't know the part numbers, but if you see the [SIZE=13.63636302948px]LWB vs the SWB, the difference is clear. I don't think I'd try making them again, there was decent demand for them before, but most of those people, like myself have outgrown that desire.[/SIZE]

LWB
Northface1.jpg

DAlastDON said:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Never seen them in person, so I can't tell you if the lens can be separated. The SWB lens has a small lip at the bottom of it. My big concern when I was looking to do this mod, was drilling holes in my roof, and making sure I got them sealed properly. Hopefully the ones the OP found come with all the necessary grommets and wiring harnesses for that price.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Pretty rare. Lucky you found any!

Bscfrank914

Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
For the time being would I be able to use the covers typically used on a regular roof rack to cover where the light lenses would go?

Bscfrank914

Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
Blckshdw said:
Awesome. I asked the salvage yard where I purchased them of they had covers I can put on it.80 bucks shipped from winsconsin to New York with the wiring harness. Not a bad deal huh?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Pretty good

Bscfrank914

Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
Yep. Now it's time to find a salvage yard willing to to part out the end covers for the normal roof rack.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I used them..just a heads up on going pricing. I walked into junkyard and popped em out n they said $10. Prolly could a talked em down.

Regulator mat have a pair handy to sell though

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmaxdob

Members Online