Wanna have a new jersey meet this fall?

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Hey everyone! Hows the weather treating ya? Well ... As i was working on my truck the other day i was thinking that we should have a meet around here in jersey sometime this fall? Would guys he willIng to come around here? Also we might be able to talk about a stoke's state forest run it guys wanted to ? Well ill leave it to you guys and see what you want to do . Ill help plan if were willing to do something 908-966-3201 chris :c)

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
Hey man, I'm down for a meet!!

RZAwora

Apr 15, 2012
mubai said:
Might get a better response if it was south jersey or philly area.:undecided:

I agree with that...but the last one was in Wilmington so I guess it's our turn to travel. I can try and make it...it would be my first. Depends on when it is really.

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
I hear ya , i was just throwing it out there where would be a good place to meet?

RZAwora

Apr 15, 2012
c bausch said:
I hear ya , i was just throwing it out there where would be a good place to meet?

That's your call IMO since you own the idea. I'd like to see it somewhere more central, like Philly or even Trenton if you wanted to keep it in NJ, and not necessarily in those cities, but in the area of. I know it takes me 2 hours to get to the Delaware Memorial Bridge, or 2-1/2 hours to get into Philly on 95. I'd see how many people show an interest first, then see what's central to everyone and make your decision. :thumbsup:

RZAwora

Apr 15, 2012
c bausch said:
Would guys he willIng to come around here? Also we might be able to talk about a stoke's state forest run it guys wanted to

I'm not saying yes or no...but that's a 4 to 4-1/2 hour drive from where I'm at. I really wouldn't know for sure if I could until the date was set and it got a little closer to the time.

mubai

Jan 5, 2012
I'm interested. Would prefer a morning meet, maybe some lunch then nap in the back of the Envoy.:tongue:

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
I really dont know much about philly if someone is willing to set up a place im willing to travel to lol :cool:

RZAwora

Apr 15, 2012
c bausch said:
I really dont know much about philly if someone is willing to set up a place im willing to travel to lol :cool:

I know a good bit about the South Jersey area, and only a little bit about the Philly area.
I think you should have Roadie change the title to WHO'S INTERESTED IN MID-ATLANTIC MEET?
Maybe then we'll see if more people are interested?

hockeyman

Aug 26, 2012
Nearing the end of this summer, I "thought" Englishtown Raceway's Swap Meet was in September and I was going see if any members here wanted to meet up during that time. Lot's of good stuff for sale at those shows.

Anyhow, I just found out though that their swap meet was last week!! :mad:

DARKASS04EXT

Nov 21, 2011
Depending when and where I may be up for the meet. I just got back from a 2 week vacation so a distant meet prob wont happen for me. All depends, lets see where everyone is and go from there.

mubai

Jan 5, 2012
DARKASS04EXT said:
Depending when and where I may be up for the meet. I just got back from a 2 week vacation so a distant meet prob wont happen for me. All depends, lets see where everyone is and go from there.

Sounds like a Philly meet. :biggrin:

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
No 1 place is going to be ideal for everyone.
I realize your trying to get a place that the most people will attend, but after while you may have organized a meet that doesn't suit you!!
c bausch, you should just pick a place and go from there.:undecided:

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Good point i know that bayville nj or jackson nj has some good spots . Well what does everyone wanna do eat, roading, hanging out?

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Not everyone can say they are attending a beach meet. I think we should take advantage of this fact and....have a beach meet. Either that, a state park, or maybe a custom car shop or similar. I am willing to travel, just want nice pics and good food.

Guano

Jan 4, 2012
smitty5150 said:
Not everyone can say they are attending a beach meet. I think we should take advantage of this fact and....have a beach meet. Either that, a state park, or maybe a custom car shop or similar. I am willing to travel, just want nice pics and good food.

Pic Whore, food Slut.....:yes:

mubai

Jan 5, 2012
smitty5150 said:

We did a beach parking lot meet a couple years ago. It was OK, really windy; actually it was 10 times better than the park/under the bridge meet in Philly.

hockeyman

Aug 26, 2012
Might be a long-shot, but would anyone be interested in a meet somewhere along the Jersey Shore with a Charter Boat rental for some fishing?? Taking a 4 or 6 hour trip is fine with me...

Philly is boring! :smile:

mubai

Jan 5, 2012
I like the beach idea, but I think people will want to hangout with their trucks.

If anyone is interested, I'm happy to do a spark plug replacement demo or if you're in need of having yours changed, you can follow along. MAY03LT set the record of 30 minutes on a GMT 360. We're not going to beat that, but would be cool to have like 5 done in an hour.

We could always grill out too.

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
mubai said:
We did a beach parking lot meet a couple years ago. It wwas OK, really windy; actually it was 10 times better than the park/under the bridge meet in Philly.

That was my first official big trailvoy meet, and the first meet that I planned. I would love to do something like that again. nice big lot, right by the beach, minutes from some great restaurants..... I May not have a gm truck, but I will surely help orchestrate anything we do. I am also well versed in gmt360 service and modification.

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
I would definitely be interested in joining. I do know that wildwood, nj has some huge parkinglots. Its on the beach, plenty of good food (awesome philly style cheese steaks at TonyLukes) as well as other food and the boardwalk. Not sure what theyre parking lot situation is since it still is considered summer but thats nothing that a quick phone call cant confirm. This would also work for NJ people (exit 4 off the parkway), anyone coming from philly, DE or MD. Just some more food for thought.

RZAwora

Apr 15, 2012
I'd be down for a Wildwood meet...or even Seaside Heights, that's more Central NJ. Whatever, just set a date and make it happen... :thumbsup:

qbenplaya00

Feb 25, 2012
anyone up for a meet/pine barrens run? i would be down for that.... :thumbsup::wootwoot:

other then that a good location (from previous volvo meets) are at paramus mall where Chilis is. that parking lot. cops dont bother you since its so big... usually sunday mornings are best. close enough for northern/central jersey/ny/pa guys to meet up. never been to a southern jersey meet. wildwood /seaside could be a pain in the butt (so ive heard) when trying to meet up in a large group like that cops would be all over us.:hissyfit:

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
So what's the latest on this one?
We gonna do this?

qbenplaya00

Feb 25, 2012
im still down for a light trail run in the pines... nothing too dastic since this is the wifes truck and if i bring it back any worst shape ill sleep in the dog house outside.... literally:redface: but other then that lets do something soon guys this is getting dragged along.... some one pick a place or suggest a place... i did but its north jersey... so next place please. we can meet up in between holidays if not we might have to leave it for next year (January)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online