Amazon Product Universal Lawn Mower Blade Restraint Tool

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
I feel certain that as another satisfied Owner-User of the Ryobi Model# RM480E Riding Electric Lawn Mower .... @Blckshdw will agree with me that with rare exceptions for AGM Battery R&R events... Nothing is more critical and harder to do with Two Blades hidden-nested under a Heavy Floating Dual Electric Motor Under-Carriage... than replacing them while reaching up from underneath so as to avoid having to release the 4 Cotter "R" Pins and the Two Electric Motor Connectors and the restraint Zip Ties and then Drag the damned thing out and then flip it over to get to that area and THEN... finally perform the R&R of those Damned, 20" Long Dual Samurai Swords whenever the need arises.

But... Go ahead and try to use "The Old Chunk-A-Two-By-Four and pinion the Blades while applying at LEAST 74 Newton Meters of Force... GO AHEAD...I DARE YA'... Because once again, with my limited ability to wrangle with this problem with BOTH hands, I finally had to go through the eventual act out the Carrier R&R Process and I was thinking,

"There has just GOT to be a Better, Safer and Faster Way to get those Blades Unwound and Replaced..."

Well, LAH-DEE-DAH, Brothers and Sisters ... THIS Item seems like a Pretty Damned Good Investment fro the PERFECT Problem Solver here and I am surprised at never having seen one of these before... and Available in this Very Strong Design from Amazon:

LAWNMOWERBLADELOCKCLAMP.jpg

UNIVERSAL LAWN MOWER BLADE LOCKING CLAMP:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09KTPQRQQ/?tag=gmtnation-20

61VpaTSsJ4L._AC_SL1000_.jpg41yayRM-2NL._AC_SL1000_.jpg51qHLsFsTKL._AC_SL1000_.jpg51vvWR8FWQL._AC_SL1000_.jpg61x7qRqoZkL._AC_SL1000_.jpg61NjKKEDwPL._AC_SL1000_.jpg61GimtWtCdL._AC_SL1000_.jpg617zWq0QLjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
NP, Brother ...And By The By... and very "On Topic" for @Blckshdw and his Electric Rig: He WILL get a Kick out of THIS Story which shows a novel method for elevating the RM480E Mower to work on something underneath that the VOP (Video Original Poster) Repair Tech found to be quite ... Peculiar ...to say the LEAST and provides Living Proof that Stupid People should stay as FAR AWAY from any Lawn Mower Blades as possible.

Actually, at one point, it shows a Perfect Bird's Eye "Earth Worm's" View of what the Dual Ryobi Electric Motors in the RM480E are doing while driving those Two 20" Samurai Swords to very High RPM while..."On The Bench" (A Shorty, Folding Aluminum Ladder)... AND YEAH...I GOT ME ONE OF THESE, TOO...I just never thought about using it in this fashion.

PS... Check Out This Dude's Clever "Rock, Paper, Scissors" like Brown Paper Towel Wrapped Magnetic Tray to scoop up all that Metal Dross & Crap around his Drill Press... Very Nyush!

Last edited:
Reactions: christo829

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nadmak

Members Online