Uh oh.... I think the tranny is shot :(

chatterx

Original poster
Mar 13, 2014
I did ask about the torque converter, that was replaced. as for the plate I didnt ask about that

Last edited:

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
as for the plate I didnt ask about that

So this is a done deal now, back on the road?

If so, I would ask about the separator plate and find out where it was sourced from.

It's not a huge deal, but I feel it's definitely something to bring up and document.

chatterx

Original poster
Mar 13, 2014
Its been ready since last friday. Waiting on the taxes to get here monday and I am mobile again. Does the separator plate normally come with a rebuild kit? I know it wont be a factory plate but if it does I am willing to bet it has if that is in there. I do know the torque converter was replaced.

chatterx

Original poster
Mar 13, 2014
Alrighty got her back finally. I asked about the rebuild. Everything was replaced that came in the rebuild kit. They didnt use the separator plate that came with the kit. Nor did they go out and get one from the dealer. What they did was install bushings in all the check ball holes so they wont wear down. The thing shift amazing and it has so much pull. I would say a lot more than when I bought it lol. I would say I am defintely satisfied with the work. There is a 100,000 mile 3 year warranty

I was amazed when I walked into the shop. It was quite large but very organized and extremely clean.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online