Truck threw a P0451 code

Fire06

Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this code. The code reader says it is a Evaporative Emission system pressure sensor Switch. Where is this even located? Have done some looking around and coming up blank so far.

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
Fire06 said:
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this code. The code reader says it is a Evaporative Emission system pressure sensor Switch. Where is this even located? Have done some looking around and coming up blank so far.

The only pressure sensor in the fuel system I am aware of is the one on the fuel pump on top of the tank.

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
CaptainXL said:
The only pressure sensor in the fuel system I am aware of is the one on the fuel pump on top of the tank.

Im with GeneralXL (promoted you) it has to be talking about the sensor on top of the tank, it is what measures the evap system pressure....

Fire06

Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
Sorry slow to get back and update, but was in Boston for the weekend. Looking into the issue still but if you input the sensor into GMparts east it shows on the drivers side of engine. Not sure if it is it yet but light is off (check engine) I reset it and still looking into the issue. Thanks for the manuals Wooluf1952. The 06 manual shows for the V8 have not had time to check the years on either side yet.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Glad I could point you in the right to the link. But Mooseman gets the thanks for providing them. :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhenninger

Members Online