Tire opinions...

DevilishT2003

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Mickey Thompson STZ Baja vs Toyo Open Country AT vs Nitto Terra Grappler for daily driving but keeping an aggressive look.......

Opeth

Mar 25, 2012
Have you looked at Cooper tires at all? You may not want the STT's like I have, but they have an A/T3 or ST MAXX.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
DevilishT2003 said:
Mickey Thompson STZ Baja vs Toyo Open Country AT vs Nitto Terra Grappler for daily driving but keeping an aggressive look.......

Mickey makes great tires. I know lots of guys that love the ATZ and MTZ.

Toyo OC AT are heavy. I had some 36s for a bit and they were OK, but not great.

Nitto- Never had any, but they seem to be love or hate from what I hear.

Take a look at the Wildpeak AT. Getting great reviews all over.

I think the Cooper Zeon LTZ's look sweet. And Cooper tires have always been good to me.

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
I've have yet to have any problems with the Grabber AT2! Great on road, handle really well in the rain. They have done me good in the mud(Not a mud pit) and sand. The only thing is I have not had them in the snow. But from what I read they do really good in the snow. I'd assume they'd be awsome in the snow due to all the sipes in the tire. They are reasonably priced too I paied $660 for all 4. They look more agressive then the BFG AT/TA/KO, IMO

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Dont look at the Toyo Open Country A/Ts, they blow on our trucks. I had set and they wouldnt stay planted when it rained (I live in Seattle, lots of wet roads).

Heard good things about the Nitto Terra Grapplers but I cant personally comment on them, for an AT the Cooper Zeon LTZ is a good tire. Flyingfischer (Craig) has them on his 04 in 285/50R20 on gunmetal SS wheels, looks good and he has no issues driving in wet/dry/snow.

ZOOMDWEEBEE

Apr 4, 2012
I went with Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 265/70/R16.. really quite going downt the road and they were ranked the best performing A/T in OffRoad magazine.. good in snow mud rain and pavment.:biggrin:

camper1

Oct 25, 2012
Cable810 said:
I've have yet to have any problems with the Grabber AT2! Great on road, handle really well in the rain. They have done me good in the mud(Not a mud pit) and sand. The only thing is I have not had them in the snow. But from what I read they do really good in the snow. I'd assume they'd be awsome in the snow due to all the sipes in the tire. They are reasonably priced too I paied $660 for all 4. They look more agressive then the BFG AT/TA/KO, IMO

Grabber AT2 are awesome in the snow! I dont even have to use 4x4 if there is under 6 inches. With 4x4 havent got stuck in over a foot!:yes:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online