Time for new Rims, Level 8's whats your take?

essaycho348

Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
so im looking into new rims now, wanna get a bigger tire underneath. been looking around and found the Level 8 Guardians that i really like, i like them in either bronze or black. i think the bronze would look cool on a Red truck but they have a -6 offset. means they would stick out like four inches farther than stock. Over the summer i will be welding up slider bars, a rear bumper guard and a front steel bumper with a guard. So if these tires stick out too far i could just make extended fenders via the tubing that im using for the guards and bend them to match the wheel well to stick out 3' inches or so. What do ya think?

Wheel Details - Discount Tire Direct

MacMan

Mar 3, 2012
I'd go w/ Black on a red truck. Not a bad looking wheel.

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
As of right now id say go black. Im not sure what your exterior plans are down the road otherwise the bronze certainly have some potential there.

essaycho348

Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
yea i think ill probably go with the black, the front bumper, and all the tubing will be black, the bronze could contrast weird with the black tubing. plus me buying the black ones will give me a +25 offset instead of a -6 offset.

essaycho348

Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
well guys with a toss of the coin i decided to take the gamble and get the bronze rims. Seems like i see black rims on soo many vehciles nowadays, wanted to look a little different. More Pics to come but heres a quick shot i took leaving work today.

IMAG0097.jpg

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
Wow! I think those look perfect! Now that i see it all pieced together, def diggin the bronze:thumbsup:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I think it looks pretty good also. And yes black wheels are overdone. Kinda like chrome.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
When I opened the link, I didn't like them, but on your truck they look damn good :thumbsup:

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
can we get a side pic they dont look like they stick out that much

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
Dam those rims are nice looking. Great choice :thumbsup:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Pittdawg said:
So you had to use and adapter to get them to fit?

They are 6-139.7/6X5.5 bolt pattern, so yes they need an adapter to fit.

essaycho348

Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
finally got a chance to shoot more pics of the truck with the new rims on them here they are as requested...

Level 8 Guardians 17x8.5 in bronze, -6mm offset, standard Gm lug pattern

Goodyear wrangle mt-rs with kevlar 265/70/17

overall im happy with the rims, the tires are bit to skinny for my liking ill be going with 285's for the next set. from certain angles the tires look like balloons because of their width. but that'll change next time around, i like how they stick out but one problem in already seeing is if i drive on gravel roads too fast the tires will pick up rocks and throw them into the sides of the doors, thus chipping the paint. so i might have to figure something out about that, either some type of custom flare or mud flaps... the tire ride nice, good rain traction and dry traction, haven't had them in a winter yet so we'll see. They aren't all that noisy either which i think is because of two reasons, the trailblazer is well insulated and the center tread on these tires carry a good amount of the weight and keep the outer parts of the tread from howling.

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

truck007.jpg

truck006.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

truck005.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
essaycho348 said:
Over the summer i will be welding up slider bars, a rear bumper guard and a front steel bumper with a guard. So if these tires stick out too far i could just make extended fenders via the tubing that im using for the guards and bend them to match the wheel well to stick out 3' inches or so. What do ya think?

The wheels look great. Watch those tires. The kevlar slips... Really liking the bronze!

Wondering why you would go to th trouble of adding all the offroad goodies since that tank hanging down would prevent the usefulness of them. Drops your areodynamics and adds weight.

Been close to pulling the trigger on some fender bars myself. Will be interested to see what you come up with if you do them.

essaycho348

Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
thanks!

well theres a few reasons, i wanted bigger tires to get the tank furthur off the ground, so i felt like i needed to compliment that with some stuff, and my boss has a shop that i can pretty much fabricate anything that i need to in, im a newbie when it comes to fab work so its more or less been a cheap learning experiance on how to bend tubing, weld and work with metal.

Everything Ive done on this truck is bolt on, nothing has been welded to the frame, so there is the potential of taking the lower tank out and wheeling with it for a few weeks if i really wanted to. its not easy but it can be done.

Hardtrailz or anyone that can answer this, have you ever thought of the universal rubber fender flares or seen anyone thats done it?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online