Thank you GM

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Sparky said:
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't care about resale value. I care about my vehicle and want to keep it. I rarely resell cars and plan on driving them until they can't be driven anymore.

Well then you should be just fine.

YOUNG

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I'm only 17, so this will be my truck for awhile, i wont have a steady income untill like 5 years from now, so i will not be able to finance a loan to afford a new car, so i dont think ill be selling this one! plus when i bought this one i got it for half of the sticker price. :biggrin:

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
YOUNG said:
I'm only 17, so this will be my truck for awhile, i wont have a steady income untill like 5 years from now, so i will not be able to finance a loan to afford a new car, so i dont think ill be selling this one! plus when i bought this one i got it for half of the sticker price. :biggrin:

Nice. Even when you can finance a car, don't. Best thing I ever did was never finance anything, never made a payment on anything ever except my houses. If I only had $20,000 sitting around for a car, that is all I spent. I didn't put 20k down and buy something much nicer. Some would say using other people's money is smart however. I wonder how much your insurance cost will increase. My wife's accident only caused a 10% increase for an at fault total loss. I thought that was more than fair.

YOUNG

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Jkust said:
Nice. Even when you can finance a car, don't. Best thing I ever did was never finance anything, never made a payment on anything ever except my houses. If I only had $20,000 sitting around for a car, that is all I spent. I didn't put 20k down and buy something much nicer. Some would say using other people's money is smart however. I wonder how much your insurance cost will increase. My wife's accident only caused a 10% increase for an at fault total loss. I thought that was more than fair.

Luckily i go to a good school, and all we've learned in math for the past few months, is about financing, loan annuities, 401k and everything else that has to do with money. i will have to worry about all that when i come to it, cant think about it now as i dont have an income... so looks like i wont be buying anything anytime soon! :wootwoot:

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
YOUNG said:
Luckily i go to a good school, and all we've learned in math for the past few months, is about financing, loan annuities, 401k and everything else that has to do with money. i will have to worry about all that when i come to it, cant think about it now as i dont have an income... so looks like i wont be buying anything anytime soon! :wootwoot:

Good for you. They never taught any sort of real-life type curriculum back in the 80's and 90's when I went to HS. When you get out of college, the money comes in fast and furious and keeping your self-control then is important as well. I went from about $10K a year in college with part time jobs to 65k/year in the first day after I graduated in the late 1990's. Now days there are likely no cars I couldn't write a check for, but I still drive inexpensive ones hence the two 360's. They are nice enough that most people have no idea how economical they are.

mocpl03

Dec 5, 2011
i use to work security at a fed building and one night i watched a trailblazer that was stopped at a stop light infront of my guard shack get slamed into by a car traveling in excesse of 50mph and it totaled the car and only miner damage to the rear of the TB so 3 days later i bought my wife one that i am now the owner of lol now for the 3 in lift and bilsting stuts and shocks

YOUNG

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Jkust said:
Good for you. They never taught any sort of real-life type curriculum back in the 80's and 90's when I went to HS. When you get out of college, the money comes in fast and furious and keeping your self-control then is important as well. I went from about $10K a year in college with part time jobs to 65k/year in the first day after I graduated in the late 1990's. Now days there are likely no cars I couldn't write a check for, but I still drive inexpensive ones hence the two 360's. They are nice enough that most people have no idea how economical they are.
yeah ive got my first two years of college paid for already by scholarships and such, so i wont be in too deep of debt after i get out of college, and wont be to far under on student loans if i have any.

mocpl03 said:
i use to work security at a fed building and one night i watched a trailblazer that was stopped at a stop light infront of my guard shack get slamed into by a car traveling in excesse of 50mph and it totaled the car and only miner damage to the rear of the TB so 3 days later i bought my wife one that i am now the owner of lol now for the 3 in lift and bilsting stuts and shocks

they really are safe safe vehicles. the guy across the street from me rolled his mutiple times, and then into the side of a rocky cliff. and he was completely fine, only a few scratches :wootwoot:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Jkust said:
Nice. Even when you can finance a car, don't.

Easy to say if you have the option to NOT finance. I haven't had that option yet :no: I have never financed a lot (always under $5000) but I've still had to do it as I never had enough cash to work with. Although, I'm hoping I'm at the point in my life that the next vehicle I get I can pay cash for.

Side note: paying off my TB in the next week or so! :wootwoot:

YOUNG

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
just about a month later (only about a week and a half in the shop) , Nicki is Finally back to her beautiful self.
The body shop did very good, and i think it even looks better than it did before the wreck. :wootwoot: :wootwoot:

Picture Time!
0202121632a.jpg

0202121632.jpg

0202121631a.jpg

0202121631.jpg

0202121630b.jpg

0202121630a.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Looks good.

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Looks like a nice repair job from here. Were you able to help in the repair process at all?

YOUNG

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Nope they did everything for me. Even came out and buffed my D pillar black molding when he noticed they were a little dirty,
The paint on it looks better now than it ever did before i wrecked.

mnypitTBEXT

Jan 29, 2012
GLAD YOU ARE OK!! Might be a silly question, but, why was a Sherriff involved. If you were the only car involved. I doubt I would have risked a careless driving ticket and my insurance premiums going up for that damage.

Many years ago I took out a couple signs and ended up in a ditch in my 96 Trans Am. Considerably more damage. Wet roads and me driving like an idiot caused it, but I got a 4x4 to pull me out and changed the tire that was ripped off the rim and drove home. The $2000 it cost to repair was a relative bargain compared to what it would have cost me had I called police. I replaced most of the parts myself, let a body shop fix the quarter panel and paint it. I got lucky because it was red, and there are a lot of red Trans Ams out there, so I was able to get most of the parts already painted.

You will have it back to what it was before in no time.. Again, glad you are ok.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
mnypitTBEXT said:
GLAD YOU ARE OK!! Might be a silly question, but, why was a Sherriff involved. If you were the only car involved. I doubt I would have risked a careless driving ticket and my insurance premiums going up for that damage.

From what I understand he wasn't careless. The roads I believe had ice on them? I might be wrong though.

mnypitTBEXT

Jan 29, 2012
Porkins said:
From what I understand he wasn't careless. The roads I believe had ice on them? I might be wrong though.

Think about it from an officer's perspective. 55-60mph on a curve in the rain or on ice. Careless for the conditions. I am not judgeing, I have done worse, but any time you lose control of your vehicle, it is considered careless driving. Not wreckless, because that implies the intent to drive wrecklessly, but easily careless. Of course, the responsible thing was to call the police. Especially since there was property damage other than the vehicle. BUT...........................

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Looks good! I hope you can keep it that way for a while.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
filthycasual

Members Online