Tent Camping

WHY

Dec 4, 2011
LordBear said:
i have tried an air matress... its ok..but still way low to the ground... i need something solid .... thats why im looking at tent trailers.... damn disabilites suck azz.. what gets me though is the cost of camping.. unless u know of some place out of the way that is free... only a few bucks difference between a tent and a hotel room in price..lol

The one with coils double size about 24 inches off the ground they work even with a bad back. do not over inflate but do inflate to firm.Using an inflater battery run or plug in. As it cools off it will drop a little but still work. Yes the single ones suck as well as the ground. Cots like the GI surplus will work but do have flaws as well. Need some kind of pad over the top and sometimes they are hard to asemble

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
Came across this today. Kind of spendy at $200, so you either A) having a functional multitool is worth the cost or B) stick with your current gear.

The ATAX

Thoughts?

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Cool thing, but I would not buy one for that. Maybe $50, but still be a gimmick more to me since I have most or all of that covered already.

I am picking up a set of these for each vehicle...

Coleman - 12-in-1 Scissors

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
Agreed. If I had an extra $200 to throw around, I would probably already have everything I needed.

Can you find those scissors in stores or is it generally an on-line product only? The price is certainly right.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Walmart

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
Kyle, those scissors have good reviews on Amazon.

One thing I have started taking with me to help start fires is this...

View attachment 22430

I figure I already take propane for the stove/lantern so the torch shouldn't take up that much space.
It makes building a fire much easier!

Attachments

• Torch.jpg
    Torch.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 46

kenmyfam

Dec 11, 2011
South West Ontario, Canada
Went from years and years of tent camping to a 26ft travel trailer with slide out, queen size bed and all the comforts of home.
What tipped us over the edge was a camping long weekend 4 years ago that started really nice for the first 2 hours after set up and then torrential rain till we left. We were dry and cozy in our tent (Hilary) but our friends had a river running through theirs. Looking out we could see some people in their travel trailer sitting playing cards, having a beer, warm, comfortable etc etc !!!!
That was our last tent camping weekend. Now if the weather turns for the worse we don't really care :biggrin:

nieman88

Mar 10, 2014
My first "camping" trip was before I could walk and it was in our families cabin great Grandfather Pierce built in Maine. Sebago Lake area.
When I got a little older we did some tent camping until I was about 7. one night my family arrived to the campground (in south jersey) very very late/early am.
They just got a newer, larger tent and trying to set up in the dark is not an easy feat with a 3yr old and Me, whom never slept. lol

So, that winter we went to the NJ RV Expo and they bought their first camper. A little 8' Jayco Pop-up. We still had to walk to a restroom for ours didn't have the toilet. And it still had to be Popped Up like a tent lol but that started our camper days.
We still did tent camping and we visited the cabin in Maine (with the pop up in tow) a lot until i was in middle school.. Sold the cabin before I got to high school. I wasn't happy about that.
Family now have a Park Model with a loft. :rolleyes:

I like to go tent camping still. I try to go once a year. Sometimes ill put the tent up in the back yard and camp out. lol
Although we booked a cabin oct 2013. It was cold in Maine. lol. No kitchen in the cabin. Had to walk to the bathrooms. Cooked over a fire those 4 days =)
I need to get a waterproof small case for our tent. I keep it in the trailblazer 24/7. Just in case =)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdub2306

Members Online