Strange things happening

kevs08envoy

Original poster
Mar 11, 2024
California USA
Hello all im going through some strange stuff with my 08 envoy and wanted to throw it out there and see if theres any one who's been there , so here we go> I have an 08 envoy SLE 1 4.2 i6 first off this truck is strong and I got it for a grand and only minor things needed to be done to make it right , the ecm was the biggest issue I was able to get one for $100 on ebay pre programmed once installed and set up and wow what a total turn a round the truck runs so well and at 183,540mi. Its pretty impressive, okay now the rest of the story....
For some unknown reason the envoy has some strange things happening within ? The keyfob to unlock/lock ect... come to find out the truck has no alarm or anti theft but it acts like it does with the horn beep upon locking and the panic button ? Well the problem is some times the horn will beep and other times it dont upon locking up the doors ? Im baffled by this and seeking some info if anyone has experienced this same issue ? There is an issue somewhere in the electrical system and its eluding because im not able to find answers as to whats causing these issues ? No fuses are bad , no bad relays ect... although the headlight switch is something with a mind of it own ? The interior lights are really out there👀 ? I've changed the headlight switch because the interior lights were not working and found out that the switch was the reason well here's the strange things info... the lights when you open the doors you can select the button that either allows them to come on or not well this is an issue that's still unknown so far ? The interior lights/map lights ect will not come on by pushing the light on with the built in switch if you turn the lights on at the headlight switch they will come on if you open the doors ect ... but will not light up by pushing the light on button. I hope this makes sense the way I put it out there ? Anyways thanks to anyone who might be able to shed some light
Pun intended lol... thanks to gmtnation.com

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area

kevs08envoy

Original poster
Mar 11, 2024
California USA
Hey thanks for the input so here's the deal . I've checked all my fuses and nothing blown or missing . The switch and button you've mentioned here is one of the strange things, I have pushed the button once and opened the door and yeah the lights come on and I shut the door and the lights will go off now once the lights go out and I attempt to turn the map lights on by pushing on the light the lights will not come on ? That includes the lights in the rear passenger seats above. Now on the dimming control where you turn the brightness up /down yes that will also turn the lights on but again that does not fix the issue when off the lights will not light up by pushing on the light itself ?

kevs08envoy

Original poster
Mar 11, 2024
California USA
Hey thanks for the input so here's the deal . I've checked all my fuses and nothing blown or missing . The switch and button you've mentioned here is one of the strange things, I have pushed the button once and opened the door and yeah the lights come on and I shut the door and the lights will go off now once the lights go out and I attempt to turn the map lights on by pushing on the light the lights will not come on ? That includes the lights in the rear passenger seats above. Now on the dimming control where you turn the brightness up /down yes that will also turn the lights on but again that does not fix the issue when off the lights will not light up by pushing on the light itself ?
In addition you mention in your post about the map lights being on a different circuit? I've checked and rechecked and I am not able to locate a different fuse/circuit for these lights I also checked the original owners manual I have for the envoy and no listing of it ??

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
This particular Envoy "Cluster Panel" can also be involved in this possible "Cluster Phu**" circumstance too... so try visiting RockAuto via THIS Link and *Pick Your Wallet Poison* if you are in the mood for pointing the Parts Cannon at that portion of your Dashboard:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I do remember vaguely that if you use LED in the map lights, they don't come on full unless you turn on the mirror light. Maybe @Blckshdw knows about that one. There could be a connection between the two.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
For the horn/fob issue, when you hit the lock button once, the doors should lock, with no horn sound. If you hit the lock button twice, that's when you should get the horn to sound. Is this consistent for you? Or are you getting the horn sometimes with 1 press, and other times no horn with 2 presses?

For your dome lights, not turning on when pressing the lenses is a scenario I haven't come across in the many times I've taken mine apart. It's also been quite a few years, but I want to say the wiring harnesses going to the dome lights DO have 3 wires in them. :undecided:

Reactions: mrrsm and Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online