speaker box build lots of pics

Snailblazin'

Dec 9, 2011
Looks like Dexter's kill room! Good work. Gives me ideas for any number of painting projects.

06_GATOR_VOY

Original poster
May 22, 2013
ZOOMDWEEBEE said:
Dude.. you do some awasome work.. :thumbsup:

thanks....fiberglass is one thing i enjoy doing esp for the show aspect and i try to pay attention to the little details.

Snailblazin';149341 said:
Looks like Dexter's kill room! Good work. Gives me ideas for any number of painting projects.

LOL. i almost posted just the pic of the plastic up with the caption "dexter, anyone?" lol. ive had a few peeps say so far this has given them so ideas for their own projects....glad i could help.

paint goes down wednesday

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
It's a screw. Grab it with pliers and turn lefty loosey

06_GATOR_VOY

Original poster
May 22, 2013
jimmyjam said:
It's a screw. Grab it with pliers and turn lefty loosey

thanks for the confirmation... now I can finally get these panels off

06_GATOR_VOY

Original poster
May 22, 2013
here is the primer sanded ready for paint

1 coat of paint down

3 coats down and now drying/baking in the garage.....probably wont wet sand til Saturday

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
nice.. when its done i'll put my order in for one on each side lol

06_GATOR_VOY

Original poster
May 22, 2013
Black_tb said:
nice.. when its done i'll put my order in for one on each side lol

as jerry meguire would say show me the money lol. after I get this installed I gotta do the wifes build

06_GATOR_VOY

Original poster
May 22, 2013
figured I throw a shot up of it baking in the sun

got the QMat laid down as well

06_GATOR_VOY

Original poster
May 22, 2013
ok so its not perfect but it works.....

amp idea/location

test fit

just have to get some rca extensions and then mount the sub and it is ready to go

06_GATOR_VOY

Original poster
May 22, 2013
IMG_20130704_143903_zps785f923a.jpg

06_GATOR_VOY

Original poster
May 22, 2013
Black_tb said:

thanks.... cant wait to get my 4 channel so I can rework all the wires and do a better job with the amp(s)

dmanns67 said:
How does she sound?

still trying to tune it. I may have to add some polyfill to tease it alil. sub is still stiff too so trying to work that out as well. I think once I get it tuned correctly etc I will be happy with it. im very picky lol. I get it to sound good to the ear and then the next time I get in the truck I think it sounds off so I mess with it more lol. I need to get my muilmeter out and do my 50hz test and set the gains that way.

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
Wow! Now that is some nice work, I'm impressed.

How big is the box? To me it, looks a little small to be a ported box.

06_GATOR_VOY

Original poster
May 22, 2013
Hypnotoad said:
Wow! Now that is some nice work, I'm impressed.

How big is the box? To me it, looks a little small to be a ported box.

thanks. for what it is im happy with it. wish i had a matching one for the other side lol. as far as the box size its shy of 1 cube but the sub loves the port. im going to take the sub back out and add some polyfill to the back portion of the box(cubby hole etc) and reinstall it to see how it sounds plus just to tease the sub thinking its a bigger box. overall the sub is breaking in and gets louder and louder each day.
have to start posting pics of my new build even though its not a GM truck its going in lol

NinjuhhNutz said:
Maannnnnn I'll tell ya...having the right tools to do a job, makes the job SO much easier! :yes:
at this rate, I'll have her done before I retire :raspberry:

man all you need is a ruler/tape measure, pencil, jigsaw, staple gun and the materials to build the box lol dont need anything fancy. jk. it does help having the right tools. i typically just use a jigsaw to make my cuts even for the speaker rings. just recently got a router to cut the holes. oh a palm/orbital sander helps to although i find myself hand sanding alot of the areas lol.
:thumbsup:

06_GATOR_VOY

Original poster
May 22, 2013
NinjuhhNutz said:
Maannnnnn I'll tell ya...having the right tools to do a job, makes the job SO much easier! :yes:
at this rate, I'll have her done before I retire :raspberry:

so????

don't let me finish my wifes build before you finish yours lol

NinjuhhNutz

Oct 15, 2012
06_GATOR_VOY said:
so????

don't let me finish my wifes build before you finish yours lol

man at the rate things are going...between the box and my retrofit both feeling neglected, idk when I'm gonna get finished :sadcry:
seems like I'm either at work, the dojo, or trying to eat, sleep, breathe between coming and going. I got shafted on my vacation at work, so when I have the time, I'll get on it. If I could devote a couple days to it, I could get the major work done, and then just be left with the sanding/perfecting...which I could do here and there

06_GATOR_VOY

Original poster
May 22, 2013
NinjuhhNutz said:
man at the rate things are going...between the box and my retrofit both feeling neglected, idk when I'm gonna get finished :sadcry:
seems like I'm either at work, the dojo, or trying to eat, sleep, breathe between coming and going. I got shafted on my vacation at work, so when I have the time, I'll get on it. If I could devote a couple days to it, I could get the major work done, and then just be left with the sanding/perfecting...which I could do here and there

lol i feel ya.

i typically work on it like maybe an hour or so then call it quits so thats why it takes me some time to finish my projects.... lil by lil esp since i typically work a 40+ hr week and sometimes i just dont feel like messing with it lol. :raspberry:

06_GATOR_VOY

Original poster
May 22, 2013
NinjuhhNutz said:
Oh I get it...lol especially working 2nd shift :mad: getting home about this time, nowhere inside to really work, and too tired to anyways

oh shit man..... I would never get any work done. I have set a deadline for my wifes build but doubt I will have it done.... gives me like month and a half to build and install....doubt it :sadcry:

06_GATOR_VOY

Original poster
May 22, 2013
so the sub will be coming out for a week or so come this weekend and will be putting in 2 10s from vminnovations to test them out for the company. its their entry level sub so shall see how it goes. just building a quick box for them and let them beat. they are rated 500w rms each.

06_GATOR_VOY

Original poster
May 22, 2013
so after a few months of play time and trying to adjust this system, i have come to the conclusion that the sub doesnt like the size of the box.... a tad to small for it. so what does that mean? well it means new box design to come shortly.

06_GATOR_VOY

Original poster
May 22, 2013
so im in the process of piecing together a new system...... the goodies i have gotten so far

thats my new sub choice

and for my doors i figured i pick up an amp for them...

i still need a new headunit and a set of rear speakers(6.5" coax)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online

No members online now.