Sony XS-GS1720 - Not Your Typical Sony Speakers

bradleyjames518

Original poster
May 8, 2014
I picked up a set of these from a local shop...I have been hesitant to use Sony speakers in the past because of the quality hasn't been there. None of them necessarily impressed me for the cost. The guy talked me into it, assured me that they have improved and could return them if I didn't like. I needed to replace the front speakers in my TB for the typical reasons....The Sony's installed pretty easily and I was concerned of the depth but everything fit perfectly. I adjusted the tweeters towards the driver and passenger front seats. The sound out of these is incredible. I was lazy and didn't want to install the tweeters in the dash and bought the coaxial model instead of the components and I am still very impressed.

The sound is incredible for the price. I know there has been a lot of talk about the JBL's on Sonicelectronix for $49.99 but these are far superior and can be had for a little but more money. They are very responsive and crisp. They perform perfectly in the mid-range (where they are designed) I highly recommend them for anyone replacing their speakers. I have the stock head unit and will be replacing that soon to have HD and Sat radio. I cannot wait to hear how they sound with a decent radio powering them...It sounds funny to say it, but I think I will be having a full Sony system in my truck shortly.

x158GS1720-F.jpeg

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
What model?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chadla11

Members Online