Slight to medium vibration at the steering wheel when driving

TByuri

Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
My truck was vibrating at the wheel and making a popping noise when i would turn the wheel completely sometimes.

I lifted and found a bad front passenger side tie end rod. It was replaced and seem to solve the popping noise as well as the truck veering right on its own.

However, i still have a slight to medium vibration at the steering wheel. It sort of feels like the steering wheel is going to come out just not that strong.

Any ideas? I was driving on the bad tie end for a couple of months and maybe it hurt something else?

The popping came first months ago, then the veering right, then the vibration at the steering wheel. Once all of those happened at the same time, i fixed the tie end only since i didnt see nothing else wrong with the truck.

I used the 3/9, 6/12 method of moving the front tires only.

GMDUDE2003

Apr 10, 2012
TByuri said:
My truck was vibrating at the wheel and making a popping noise when i would turn the wheel completely sometimes.

I lifted and found a bad front passenger side tie end rod. It was replaced and seem to solve the popping noise as well as the truck veering right on its own.

However, i still have a slight to medium vibration at the steering wheel. It sort of feels like the steering wheel is going to come out just not that strong.

Any ideas? I was driving on the bad tie end for a couple of months and maybe it hurt something else?

The popping came first months ago, then the veering right, then the vibration at the steering wheel. Once all of those happened at the same time, i fixed the tie end only since i didnt see nothing else wrong with the truck.

I used the 3/9, 6/12 method of moving the front tires only.

Was there any difference when you rotated said tires ?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Yeah, I'd guess tire cupping or uneven wear from the looseness. They can even be in balance, but uneven wear can give you vibration. Inspect, rotate, use the spare on each side of the front as an experiment.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keithdm

Members Online