She's back...

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
the beaSSt is back home...

i semi explained things in the "what did you do to your GMT today" thread... but here's the full skinny with pix...

everyone knows the back story... original motor spun a bearing.. got motor replaced... 2nd motor was knocking... took it back after thanksgiving.. got that motor replaced... and now this motor... while there may or may not be something wrong with it, there is a vibration issue that i am pretty sure ive never felt before... motor mounts were checked, flywheel checked, torque converter checked, and TCM scanned... all to no avail.. so we all thought that the motor wasnt balanced properly... so then the whole debacle starts of contacting GM, GMPP, and Dahmer (company the motors are coming from).. everybody was passing blame off on everybody... and to make a long story short.. everyone pretty much said f*** you Juan, and to just "drive the piss out of it" as the dealerships put it... so thats correct.. GM, GMPP, and Dahmer all denied replacing this motor, and that "if it gets worse or leaves you stranded" then we'll have a better case and will fix it for you... and my exact response to that was F*** YOU ALL.... they want me to put anywhere between 1500 to 2000 miles on her to see if the problem persists or goes away... my response was "you guys all told me that with the second motor, and look what happened... it needed to be replaced" (and i actually found out what was wrong with the 2nd motor that was installed... and it was on the verge of spinning a bearing as well with not even 2000 miles on that motor!!!)

so needless to say, i am driving it now... and keeping a watchful eye on things and like i said in the other thread... i am talking to a salesman now to see what kinda money i can get if i sell it outright to them or trade it in on something else...

here is the write up from the second motor that was installed after my original one spun the bearing... just look at everything that was wrong with that "new" motor...
20130313_142906_zps370d0527.jpg

and just some random pix of her out in the open air :yes:
20130313_121126_zps988ef89c.jpg

20130313_121140_1_zpscfdb4c57.jpg

and i bought a goodie for her... some footwell LED's...
20130313_121353_zpsbcabf972.jpg

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
[QUOTE that "if it gets worse or leaves you stranded" then we'll have a better case and will fix it for you... and my exact response to that was F*** YOU ALL.... they want me to put anywhere between 1500 to 2000 miles on her to see if the problem persists or goes away... my response was "you guys all told me that with the second motor, and look what happened... it needed to be replaced" (and i actually found out what was wrong with the 2nd motor that was installed... and it was on the verge of spinning a bearing as well with not even 2000 miles on that motor![/QUOTE]

GET IT IN WRITTING :yes:

at this point, i'm surprised some one is still standing @ the dealership. i think you had to have had some great restraint not to punch someone.
if you can get it in writting, IMO, i would do the break in period, then DRIVE THE PISS OUT OF IT to try and break it.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Glad to see your back behind the wheel anyways :thumbsup: if you do end up to get rid of it I hope they are more than fair on the price, you been through a lot of shit with that truck and more than patient with everyone involved. Best of luck with your decision to keep it or trade it...

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
jrSS said:
Lower that thing already..would ya!! Looks good juan!

:lipsrsealed::lipsrsealed::lipsrsealed::lipsrsealed::lipsrsealed:

fletch09 said:
GET IT IN WRITTING :yes:

at this point, i'm surprised some one is still standing @ the dealership. i think you had to have had some great restraint not to punch someone.
if you can get it in writting, IMO, i would do the break period, then DRIVE THE PISS OUT OF IT to try and break it.

done andd done :rotfl:... we're in the process of contacting my parents attorney as well to see what kind of case we have... because guess what... my GMPP extended warranty has expired... the dealership told me that if my trans breaks due to this vibration in the motor, that they would fix that too... yea right... but for now, i dont have a choice but to drive it... so thats what im doing... at over 700 miles from my house to Chi town and back... that will be a nice break in period for her...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe102938

Members Online