Service Stabilitrak during work on truck

ComputernerdBD

Original poster
Aug 24, 2014
Hey everyone. Well I got a weird issue here... While I had the truck in the garage to do an oil change, tire rotation, window regulator replacement, and check on the differential leak (other thread) issue I had fixed last month I put the truck into 4x4 on jack stands to allow the wheels to turn slowly (10mph) to test the system, see if that leak surfaces again or if there were any noises. As soon as I hit the brakes to put it into Park, the ABS and Stabilitrak lights came on and the display said "SERVICE STABILITRAK".

I checked under the truck in case I hit any of the sensors while rotating the tires and could not find any problems. Those lights still stayed on during subsequent ignition cycles. However the weird thing was when I went to back out of the garage, turn the truck 90 degrees and go another 100 feet down the driveway before I turned onto the road everything returned to normal and after another 20 miles of driving it did not come back. I attempted to scan the truck and my scanner (U-Scan) does not support ABS for this truck (but does for my 98 Jimmy for some reason). Never had this happen before even on other times I had to do this same process.

Could there really be no problem here but the computer saw a conflict between the vehicle speed, the sudden zero wheel speed due to braking with no load on them and the vehicle action by the yaw sensor and accelerometers??? Thanks

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If the code went away after you set it back down and drove it, it likely just saw a difference in wheel speed, likely in the front since it's an open diff, and just said WTF?

Reactions: Redbeard

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Agreed, just the computer having a spaz because it can't understand what's going on.

Reactions: Redbeard

ComputernerdBD

Original poster
Aug 24, 2014
Thanks all for the tips, it now makes more sense. The lights have not come back so I will consider this solved for now.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keithdm